Towmax Tire Issue

LindaT361

We bought a 40foot Heartland Torque 321 in Agust of 2013. Pulling it with 2012 Chevy 3500 Dually. Took our first long trip 600 miles one way in October of 2014, blew out a Towmax going to Big Bend, TX. Few more short trips within w 200 miles no problems May of 2015 blew a tire and it damaged the RV fender. July of 2015 blew a tire on the opposite side, blew the whole fender well out. Our RV max weight is 15,500 lbs. tires are rated 3080 @ 80 psi. 4 tires are only rated for 12,320 lbs. so the tires are not rated to carry the total weight of our RV. The Towmax manufacturer Dynamic is located in Canada not sure if tires are made in China. Not wanting to get new rims for bigger tires. We are looking at out of pocket for RV damage due to out deductible, calling Heartland tomorrow!

buddyboy

If you will search this forum, you will discover that many of us have had the same experiences - including us. We put Goodyear G614s on our BH, repaired our trailer, and moved on.

danemayer

LindaT361 said:
Our RV max weight is 15,500 lbs. tires are rated 3080 @ 80 psi. 4 tires are only rated for 12,320 lbs. so the tires are not rated to carry the total weight of our RV....calling Heartland tomorrow!
Sorry to hear about your damage.

If you want to discuss weight and loads with Heartland, double check your numbers. You may find the tire sidewall says 3580. Also, subtract the actual pin weight to figure out how much weight is on the tires.

If you still have a blown tire, consider offering it to NHTSA for an independent determination of the cause of failure. If they find a manufacturing defect, it could help you and many others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dbbls59

Your wheels are probably rated at 110 PSI. It will be stamped or molded into a spoke on the back side of the wheel. Many of us have gone to Sailun S637 tires and Heartland used them years ago and has went back to them on some trailers. They have the same type of construction as Goodyear G614 but about half of the price. They have a max inflation of 110 PSI but to carry the load you may not have to go that high. Mine will carry my trailer weight at 100. I have been using them for two years and the are holding up fine. I also suggest you invest in a tire pressure monitor so you can monitor the pressure as you travel.