Trailer Alarm System

eddylives

I searched the forum for any alarm systems with no luck.
Has anyone installed a car type alarm in their trailer?
I am also looking into a trail cam system attached to the cell phone that will send pictures directly to e-mail when taken.
Anyone have any ideas or advice for this type of system?
Our trailer is left un-attended at times and I would like to try to deter any of the thefts that have occured around us as best I can.

asapappl

Installed radioshack door alarm (cheap) When set if door is pulled it's CRAZY soo loud.Not hooked to internet or nothing ,but will scare intruders away for sure.Also has the chime to know when someone opens door during camping, Our RV is in my driveway at home, so if it BLASTS will deter crime.Easy to set up.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had a break-in to our rig's basement last year, so we bought a wireless system at Harbor Freight (click here). We added sensors to all the basement doors, and the main door. The sensors themselves can emit an alarm, but also triggers the central unit in the rig. It can operate in chime mode or alarm, and the alarm is so loud you can barely stand it. I think it would scare and deter someone from staying around too long. (We also added combi-cam locks to all of the basement door latches, so no one can slip a screw-driver in and pop the lock.

E

eddylives

I hear ya.....we were broke into and lost lots including a generator.
What are these combi-cam locks? I am interested in changing out our factory locks also.
I was thinking of some type alarm with a proximity alert??...one that you set a distance for an invisible field that warns first then goes off if you stay too long. I remember them years ago and some even had a piezo(sp? lol) tweeter that gave off a high pitch sound that was unbearable to remain close while it was on.

eddylives

Interesting locks , the site did not show any prices....can I ask what you paid per lock? and whick ones you bought?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We purchased ours from Amazon, I do not remember the exact size. You will need to measure the thickness of the door to determine the right one. I believe ours actually came from some "partner" site, but we ordered through Amazon, because we've had good service with them.

Here's a link to the version we bought: (click here)

Erika