Trying to pick a floorplan 5ver or TT???

kmcamus

My wife and I are trying to decide on a new RV. We are having trouble finding something we both agree upon. I really liked the new floorplan of the Express E26 however the bathroom is so tiny that it would be difficult to change clothes in there. We frequently have guests stay with us, as well as to small children. Would it be possible to relocate the commode? We also like a number of the bunkhouse TT designs, but then the overall length comes into play and the longer the trailer, the more sway it has. Any suggestions would be helpful. My tow vehicle is a 2004 F250.

danemayer

Hi kmcamus,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

The Brand Manager may see your post and comment about the commode question. If you don't get a response in the next couple of days, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and identify yourself as a prospective customer. The Brand Team should be able to answer any questions.

If you're concerned about sway, a 5th wheel might be a better choice for you.

odie

FWIW I have a Trailrunner TR 30 USBH but it is a little different as it is aluminum and fiberglass vs the stick and aluminum they usually are. It is 34' long and I have not had any problems with sway. I do know it is back there, but I also could feel the hybrid I used to have that was 12 feet shorter and 2000# less. I tow with a 04' Chevy 2500HD and I use a Equalizer 4 for WD. I debated a lot about if I should get a 5'r and weigh more and have less bunk models to pick from or a TT that is longer weighs less and has many bunk models. I am happy with my decision. But I do wonder what a 5'r would have been like. I seem to see more TT's with kids and more 5'rs with couples.

I will get a 5th wheel once my kids are grown and moved out (in about 5 years) and plan on doing much more traveling.

kmcamus

We currently own a rockwood roo 233s. It is a hybrid TT with three queen foldouts. I barely know it's back there. I don't use the WD hitch since i upgraded my tow vehicle, but still have it. Thanks for the input. All is welcome and appreciated!