Turn signals

Bob Vaughn

I would like to add turn signals to the sides of my Big Country but would not have a clue as to where to look for the wires to connect them to.

jbeletti

I would like to add turn signals to the sides of my Big Country but would not have a clue as to where to look for the wires to connect them to.

Bob,

The turn signal wiring has a couple of known points:
1. At the metal junction box behind the pinbox where your 7-wire is wired in
2. At the rear cap at the tail lights

Then of course, the wiring is somewhere between those 2 points. Several guys on the forum (jnphobe and porthole) have wired their own. they'll chime in soon enough as to where they tapped in. Worst case, you will run a set of your own wires from the tail lights to mid-ship of wherever you want to place your turn signal lights. So for now, you can purchase and begin to mount the lights while others come here to tell you where they tapped in at.

This is a great upgrade - wish they were standard.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bob, I installed mid-ship turn signals on the Horn. Its not hard to do. The issue you will have if you dont run an independant wire to each will be, they will come on when you apply the brakes. I ran independant wires to mine and installed a small 4 pin plug in the TV and the female end on a seperate wire harness on the Horn. I would get a good LED lamp for the job so it will be a marker/T/S combo.

ParkIt

This is a great upgrade - wish they were standard.
It probably will be now that you've brought it up, was a bit surprised they aren't standard.
Still waiting on jnphobe and porthole to chime in, wonder if they ran into the same issue Bob did and had to split them off. Haven't gotten under mine yet to see if it would be better to separate them, for the most part it probably should be done to reduce a short on a splice in that didn't have a pig tail.

jnbhobe

I changed everything to LED and added the side turn lights. I did not separate my lights for the turn signals. all the wires run down the right side of the trailer under the chloroplast.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Most lights you get come with pigtails. The wiring runs down each side of the trailers. Take out the center marker lamp and they are right there and if you do use a dual purpose lamp all the wiring is there to tap into.