TV not very loud

Marshda1

I have a North Trail and the TV has a good picture but the sound is not very loud. On video the sound is good - uses additional speakers in the roof, but on TV the roof speakers do not work (not sure they are designed to work on TV only). On some channels have a hard time hearing TV over AC noise. Anybody have similar issue or ideas? Thanks a lot- This forum has been a great source of information. New NT owner and have been very satisfied.

pegmikef

Yeah, you need to look on the tv to see if it has audio out plugs (these are usually red and white rca victor female plugs. Then on your stereo/dvd player (whatever is providing the audio to the trailer speakers) there should be counterpart audio in female plugs. You have to cable them together. . . . or if possibly they are hooked up, you may have to designate what speakers to use on your tv (usually something like internal, external or internal/external). If you have a Jensen or Touch Audio, then you have to remove the unit to access the audio in ports. Simply use a screwdriver or butterknife and carefully pry the trim molding from around the unit, The screws will be exposed. Just unscrew them and pull the unit out.

Just remembered, if you have the touch audio unit and there are audio cables already plugged in to audio in plugs on the TV, move them to the audio out plugs (there are no audio out ports on the touch audio unit and so they are often installed incorrectly.

Last edited:

Eddhuy

+1 what pegmikef said, most likely rca jacks not connected properly. Also if you play with the audio settings on your television, you can make it significantly louder without using the stereo. A couple of settings I recall are the auto level and surround sound, turn both on.

danemayer

Hi Marshda1,

The factory doesn't provide the cable to take the TV audio out and run it through the sound system. You'll need to do that. There are a bunch of different types of output connectors on TVs and different input connectors on the sound system. Fortunately, we've got an RV Audio Connections Illustrated Guide that will help you figure it out and get the right cable. The guide also has links to low cost online sources. Here's a link.

Marshda1

Thanks for all the good information - Clear on what I need to do now.
Really happy I found this forum, had made figuring things out a lot easier.