TV Wall Mount

Grey Ghost

:confused: I have a Greystone 2011 29MK and I've been thinking about changing out my TV wall mount for something that swivels and extends, mine does neither. Would like to hookup a sound bar, but with my present setup I cannot reach the side settings to hook it up. Wondering if anyone has done this and how hard was it to do?

Rrloren

I did it for the same reason you are saying. Pretty easily done, the hardest part is feeling for the set screws that hold your TV on the old mount.You need to use the long allen wrench that came with the unit. Took me awhile to find them but once removed the TV comes right off and I used most of the same holes to remount the new swivel mount. So much easier to have access to the back of the TV.
You will also want to use one of the straps that came with your unit to keep the TV from sliding out during travel.

Grey Ghost

Thank you I will give it a shot and see if I can get it done. Wish it had come with one! Thanks again.
I did it for the same reason you are saying. Pretty easily done, the hardest part is feeling for the set screws that hold your TV on the old mount.You need to use the long allen wrench that came with the unit. Took me awhile to find them but once removed the TV comes right off and I used most of the same holes to remount the new swivel mount. So much easier to have access to the back of the TV.
You will also want to use one of the straps that came with your unit to keep the TV from sliding out during travel.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I bought two swivel-mounts at Camping World that are made for RV's that lock the TV against the wall while on the road.

Here is a link: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/locking-cantilever-mount/51564

Ironically, the wall mount screws that came with it were small and I didn't think they were up to holding a TV on the wall while traveling, so I bought some bigger screws at Lowe's or Home Depot (don't remember which).

The other thing that I found (slightly) amusing is that in the bedroom, the tag on the wall showing where to mount the TV was about a foot from where I found the actual backing plate behind the wall, so now I have a couple of holes in the wall of our brand new trailer.

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

Last edited: