Two Trojan T105 Batteries on a 2011 26LRSS

siegelte

I just bought a 2011 North Trail 26 LRSS - VIN 5SFNB3027BE234562. I want to upgrade to two batteries. Will two Trojan T105 batteries fit on the tray and in the battery indentation in the front of the unit. If not, what you recommned for short-term boon-docking?

jimtoo

Hi siegelte,

Welcome to the Heartland family. I'm sure you will make lots of great memories with your North Trail.

I am moving the thread to the 12v area where you should get better responses from members who have changed their batteries out or made modifications.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

TeJay

I'm almost certain they will fit. I replaced two 12-V standard B+s and except for being a little taller they fit. I'm almost sure you can get the B+ dimensions from a Trojan sight. Check all the other Trojan options if you are going to upgrade. The 105 is one of the smaller (capacity) B+'s that they offer. There are others but as they have more amperage capacity they will get larger. The plate size is directly related to the amperage available for storage and therefore longer usage between charges. Here's another plus for those batteries. I had a set that lasted about 8 years and they were still good when we sold the unit.

TeJay

pegmikef

I just bought a 2011 North Trail 26 LRSS - VIN 5SFNB3027BE234562. I want to upgrade to two batteries. Will two Trojan T105 batteries fit on the tray and in the battery indentation in the front of the unit. If not, what you recommned for short-term boon-docking?

I use that exact setup (two 105 batteries) when we boondock and I am going to be using generator power instead of shore power or no power. They fit fine and last. I run a fantastic portable 12 volt fan all night and they do fine with that and the furnace fan in colder climates. I had to buy new battery boxes because the Trojans are taller than the 12 volt batteries. I don't remember where I got them, but you can google it. Here is one link I found.

http://www.rvplus.com/noco-company-...gn=googlepla&gclid=CN7xzO235rQCFWGnPAodYzAAOg

When you install the batteries, don't forget to install the plastic strap holders that come with the boxes as these are required to hold your batteries on the rack. Some dealers don't do this and just put the strap around the box and the rack. See picture. I use a single twelve volt battery when I know we will have shore power as the Trojans are also used in my golf cart.

Attachments

• retainers.jpg
    retainers.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 56