Underbelly storage ideas

btmauser

We are looking for ideas to store camping chairs, fishing poles, etc. in the underbelly. There is plenty of room there, but just a lot of dead air space above our tupperware storage bins. I'm sure there are lots of great ideas out there!

djlogan

I installed wire rack shelves - the kind where there is a single support bracket that i attached to the forward wall. Two shelves that span most of the width of the RV provide lots of storage for chairs, tables, etc. Really cleared up the area for other stuff. Good luck. Also did the same in the forward storage area. Tupperware tubs on shelves that you don't have to move one to gain access to the others. Worked for me

DougS

Doug S
I have a Landmark which probably has the same storage space as your unit and I also had a lot of dead air space. I built stacked wooden drawers about 16 inches wide and 59 inches long. What I did was lay all of my items out and built the drawers to fit them. In the drawers I fit items like a folding picnic table, folding hammock, two bag chairs, and misc. items. I screwed the drawers down so I can pull one draw out at a time to almost full extension. The drawers slide on hard wood rails which I waxed, so they slide easy. I only built them 16 inches wide so I can still use the TV mount. Cost was about $90 instead of several hundred dollars for the storage drawers you can buy. I left enough room on the other side of the RV so two folding chairs and a folding dog pen fit on end. There is also enough room to fit stacked two storage buckets with all of my other supplies. Nice to finally get organized.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have a Landmark which probably has the same storage space as your unit and I also had a lot of dead air space. I built stacked wooden drawers about 16 inches wide and 59 inches long. What I did was lay all of my items out and built the drawers to fit them. In the drawers I fit items like a folding picnic table, folding hammock, two bag chairs, and misc. items. I screwed the drawers down so I can pull one draw out at a time to almost full extension. The drawers slide on hard wood rails which I waxed, so they slide easy. I only built them 16 inches wide so I can still use the TV mount. Cost was about $90 instead of several hundred dollars for the storage drawers you can buy. I left enough room on the other side of the RV so two folding chairs and a folding dog pen fit on end. There is also enough room to fit stacked two storage buckets with all of my other supplies. Nice to finally get organized.

Doug, pictures please!

DougS

Doug S
A couple of pictures of the storage drawers I have in my unit. Hard to show black on black. The one drawer is only opened about 1/3 of what it could open. I can try more pictures if these are hard to see. This is on the curb side of the RV.

Attachments

• Storage pic 1.jpg
    Storage pic 1.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 325
  • Storage pic 2.jpg
    Storage pic 2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 273

herefishy

Somewhere under the "modifications" there was a pvc rack for fishing poles that was screwed into the ceiliing of the storage area - looked very functional - anybody know how sturdy that ceiling would be for hanging things?

Riverman

Our Cyclone came with the ceiling of the storage area open. We covered over the aluminum framework with an upholstered panel and added this for storage of some of our longer items. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15396-Had-to-Modify