Upgraded TMPS

cgaskins

So I finally got around to installing my Christmas present this past weekend - TST 507 System with Color Display.

For the past 10 years or so, I have used the TireMinder system. Last year my receiving unit / display that goes in the truck cab went bad so I had to buy a replacement one from TireMinder. The new receiver didn't work so well. I was constantly losing connection to sensors, etc. I have a 40 foot 5er and yes I had the extender / repeater unit installed. I moved the repeater/extender - and it never helped. I swapped out batteries in the sensors, etc. No joy. I got tired of fooling with it and decided to switch out my system after changing to metal valve stems on my wheels and my TireMinder TPMS sensors were the ones that were for rubber valve stems.

So now I have the TST 507 system and so far I like it. The sensors for the tires are slightly larger but they work on either rubber or metal valve stems. They use CR2032 cells instead of the CR2016 that TireMinder uses. (So either their sensors are more power hungry or they are transmitting with more power - suspect it is the latter.) The repeater unit is nothing special just needs 12 volts and ground. The receiver / display is really nice. I like the layout, the color aspect but more than anything else - I really like how it constantly cycles through each sensor and displays the temperature and pressure for that position. It stays on each sensor for about 7 seconds, then moves to the next. You can easy cycle it through the positions with the +/- buttons as well. Now the best part is the range and signal strength is really good and solved whatever problem I was having with TireMinder.

So a hearty endorsement from me for the TST 507!

A couple of photos:

PXL_20210307_190059203.jpg

PXL_20210307_190050257.jpg

PXL_20210307_185431979.jpg

Fox

I guess I should have read the directions ... after 8 years (and 2 sets of TST507s) I never knew I could cycle thru the tires with the plus/minus button.
Thank you.

TXgearhead

I bought the TST color unit a few weeks ago. I need to call them (again) about not being able to see it. I had to go in a dark room to set it up initially. Using the vacuum mount on the windshield with the monitor low on top of my Ram dashboard close to the A pillar I can only see an occasional light flash and can't read any numbers. I called TST and they suggested I buy their sunshade for the monitor. I did and it's not much help. I was told on another forum that the black and white monitor is easier to see. I may have a dud but just a heads up on TST products.

Bogie

I bought the TST color unit a few weeks ago. I need to call them (again) about not being able to see it. I had to go in a dark room to set it up initially. Using the vacuum mount on the windshield with the monitor low on top of my Ram dashboard close to the A pillar I can only see an occasional light flash and can't read any numbers. I called TST and they suggested I buy their sunshade for the monitor. I did and it's not much help. I was told on another forum that the black and white monitor is easier to see. I may have a dud but just a heads up on TST products.
Sounds like it's mounted to your left. Is that right? When I upgraded to the color monitor, DW complained she couldn't see the display at all. Mine is mounted in the center so she is to the right of it. I can see it fine from the left. Contacted TST and they replaced it. But, the new one does the same thing.

TXgearhead

So you are using it mounted in the center? You can see it from the drivers seat but your wife in the passenger seat can't?
That is strange.
I'll try it in the center. I really didn't want it there though.

Bogie

So you are using it mounted in the center? You can see it from the drivers seat but your wife in the passenger seat can't?
That is strange.
I'll try it in the center. I really didn't want it there though.
Yes, in the center. Screen facing the back window. There is a small recessed area in the middle of the dash of my 2017 RAM that's just the right size. I used adhesive backed Velcro to hold it in place. Works quite nicely. Also ran a cable behind the dash up to that spot so no cables hanging. And Yes, the diaplay dims out completely if looking from the right seat.

TXgearhead

I just tried that. I will say it was just a bit better, but I was in my garage, not out in the sun. I have removed the tire transmitters and packaged everything back up for shipment. I'll call TST next week and see what they want to do. I want them to test it and be sure it's set-up right and then we'll go from there.