Warranty issues not being covered

I'm new on here and wanting to see who else has had warranty issues not being covered? I see some posts from 2022 regarding tire blow outs. We too had a tire blow the first year owning our camper. I see on Heartlands website that Trailer King has an extended warranty that covers tires for 6 years. Did anyone else notice that and get their tires covered under that? The companies dealing with Heartland RVs actually offer some great extended warranties on their home page...check them out! I've also had 2 other issues...one being the bedroom slide out was NOT constructed properly and almost fell out of our camper but Heartland DID NOT cover that even though it's still in our covered time-frame. They said it was not a manufactured building issue...REALLY?!? How do they think THAT is possible when it wasn't built properly to begin with?!? Also, having a slide out not going in and out smoothly. I called Heartland and was told in the handbook, it tell you how to adjust the slide outs and this should be done every few months. NOWHERE in the handbook does it tell you that. It actually says they should NOT need routine adjustments. I asked someone to call me several days ago regarding the issues we're having and have not received a phone call yet. So far I've experienced horrible customer service from Heartland.

rhodies1

Trailer King tires are garbage. Even if they covered them under warranty . Just use them to build a swing for your kids. They are the worst tire on the market. Wouldn’t put them on a wheel barrow.
With the slide… what happened to cause it to almost fall out. Is your slide cable driven, hydraulic or Swintech. . More info on this would be helpful to understand what may need to be done to correct your issue.

sengli

If your smart you will get rid of the trailer king china bomb tires as soon as you can. The only reason these are called a tire is they are round in shape. Years ago some people here said the warranty is almost impossible to get cause they will deny, the tires have issues and blame you for mis-use of some nature.
I would hope your dealer would help with warranty claims.

mhepekiz

My refrigerator isn't working. I bought my unit in November. They don't respond to dealer's warranty requests. I don't know where to file a complaint. Additionally they hold my unit at the dealer for more than 2 months. Which means wasted 20% of my whole warranty period.

I'm new on here and wanting to see who else has had warranty issues not being covered? I see some posts from 2022 regarding tire blow outs. We too had a tire blow the first year owning our camper. I see on Heartlands website that Trailer King has an extended warranty that covers tires for 6 years. Did anyone else notice that and get their tires covered under that? The companies dealing with Heartland RVs actually offer some great extended warranties on their home page...check them out! I've also had 2 other issues...one being the bedroom slide out was NOT constructed properly and almost fell out of our camper but Heartland DID NOT cover that even though it's still in our covered time-frame. They said it was not a manufactured building issue...REALLY?!? How do they think THAT is possible when it wasn't built properly to begin with?!? Also, having a slide out not going in and out smoothly. I called Heartland and was told in the handbook, it tell you how to adjust the slide outs and this should be done every few months. NOWHERE in the handbook does it tell you that. It actually says they should NOT need routine adjustments. I asked someone to call me several days ago regarding the issues we're having and have not received a phone call yet. So far I've experienced horrible customer service from Heartland.
My 2022 Road Warrior4275 was delivered to me with many problems, I had to pay a driver to take it to a dealer to have the issues dealt with, I bought it in June 23, it wasn't delivered until the end of July 23 and has been at the dealer here in Florida since then. They tell me it is all repaired and they want to have the driver bring it back, but they also told me the roof needed to be totally redone and it was going to be 8 hours of labor plus parts for a total of $2000. I just found the roof warranty and it says 12 years, so I have no idea what is going to happen now, I think they are going to tell me it was just normal wear and I am responsible but normal wear should not take 8 hours plus 400 in parts or supplies. This thing has been a disaster from the beginning and the selling dealer who has refused to put the instant hot water that was included in the purchase agreement are no help with anything else. the dealer here doesn't want to do anything I had to fight with them just to get them to have someone else come and look at the slide outs because I told them they were both messed up and they said they were fine. When they got another opinion, they both had to have major repairs done I even tried contacting Heartland and was told they would try to get the dealer to get the repairs done but they can't make them do anything and they could do nothing about the water heater as it was an after market add on. So anyway, I still do not have my unit and have not been able to use it for even one minute and it will be a year on June 28th since I bought it, so good luck.

david-steph2018

My refrigerator isn't working. I bought my unit in November. They don't respond to dealer's warranty requests. I don't know where to file a complaint. Additionally they hold my unit at the dealer for more than 2 months. Which means wasted 20% of my whole warranty period.
Try calling Heartland and find out if a warranty claim has been requested. In the past, some dealers have been known to tell customers "They are waiting on Heartland", and they didn't file a claim.

mhepekiz

I'm ok with that. But I don't understand why manufacturers don't prefer to force dealers for a little bit better service and relationship with customers. It sounds like after they send units to dealers, they don't care about rest.

RoadJunkie

I don't want to appear insensitive, but there is nothing new here. If you have an RV at a dealer for months on end, pending warranty repair, then I would say an owner is partially at fault. There are alternatives to leaving your rig at a dealer, and those that Heartland supports. You can even take the rig to Heartland's repair facilities in Elkhart. I know it means additional expense, but don't confuse price with cost. Trying to wait out a dealership that is dragging it's feet is a loosing proposition. Oh, and no one is going to change the RV industries culture on subjective quality control measures.

mhepekiz

I don't want to appear insensitive, but there is nothing new here. If you have an RV at a dealer for months on end, pending warranty repair, then I would say an owner is partially at fault. There are alternatives to leaving your rig at a dealer, and those that Heartland supports. You can even take the rig to Heartland's repair facilities in Elkhart. I know it means additional expense, but don't confuse price with cost. Trying to wait out a dealership that is dragging it's feet is a loosing proposition. Oh, and no one is going to change the RV industries culture on subjective quality control measures.
1200 miles one way to me.

Only Heartland can do this. If a unit stays more than 1 month (for example) they can add that "Waiting" time to the end of the 1 year warranty. Because if we can't use our unit, we can't indicate possible warranty related problems.

But yes, this may be intentional.