Warranty repair work at the factory in Elkhart?

chiefneon

Howdy!

We have a on going problem which started when our 2014 Cyclone was still under warranty. It started with hair line cracks in the shower/tub. Camping World did some repair work to stabilize the tub underneath so the tub cracks could be repaired. Problem is now the cracks are visibility worse and the company that Heartland referred us to to the tub repair does not want to as it is a on going and worsening problem. I do not fell that Camping World is up to doing the repair properly. I am willing to tow my RV all the way to Elkhart to have this done correctly as we are fulltime RVer's. Has any one taken their RV back to the factory in Elkhart for repairs?

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Lance & Jo

We were there in 2011 to get the frame repaired, good experience, great guys to work with and they do good work. Bottom line though is you need to work through Heartland customer service. Suggest you give them a call, have your VIN handy and pictures you can e mail to show the problem.

Bones

Work with heartland. But you are going to need to do some investigative work to figure out what is going on. I think you may have something moving, in the area of the tub. Do you have pictures?

chiefneon

Howdy!

Heartland contacted me today regarding the issues with the tub. I was told that they did not do repair work at the factory that the work would have to be outsourced. I now have a date this month to return to Camping World for this repair work on our tub. Not happy with this news.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

danemayer

When Heartland opened the repair center last June, they said that it would initially handle problems found at the end of the manufacturing lines, and warranty work that was beyond the capability of dealers.

mlpeloquin

I hope you Camping World is a LOT BETTER that ours or my dealer. We are lucky. We have three very good independent RV repair facilities that are approved and accept Heartland warranty work. I would not let Camping World or my dealer's mechanics touch my fifth wheel ever again. Check to see if there is a good independent RV repair center around where you live. Look on the internet and read the reviews from people who have used them.

CabinetmakerII

I hope you Camping World is a LOT BETTER that ours or my dealer. We are lucky. We have three very good independent RV repair facilities that are approved and accept Heartland warranty work. I would not let Camping World or my dealer's mechanics touch my fifth wheel ever again. Check to see if there is a good independent RV repair center around where you live. Look on the internet and read the reviews from people who have used them.

X2 I believe you will get better results from an independent repair facility. BTW, I did stop at the factory to get a couple of things done. I was referred to an independent repair shop not too far from the factory. They took care of the issues and we were on or way. We also toured the factory while we were there.

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

I would find an independent repair shop that will work/consult with Heartland to get to the root cause. A lot of Camping World's repair facilities do not have good reputations and want things in and out. This needs to be investigated deeper than repair or replace the shower. Sounds like something is flexing in the tub/shower area.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
A great resource for finding an independent mobile rv repair facility is to check with the manager of the campground. They del with rv repair persons all the time and know the reputation of them. They also hear from their customers (campers) as to how they do the repair and how fair the repair shop is on pricing. We find the campground manager to be the best resource. Reading reviews on the internet is not that reliable as the is a tendency for businesses to post fake reviews to boost their ratings.

chiefneon

Howdy!

Just and update on our problem. I took the RV back to Camping World for the repair to the tub. After them looking at the now worsening problem with the cracks in the tub and also a one inch gap where the sidewall has now pulled away from the RV where the tub is located and they worked on putting supports under the tub (Camping World states could be structural damamge). Camping World now says that can not fix the problem to my satisfaction and they are out of it and for me to contact Heartland directly. I waited a day and spoke to Heartland ( Scott McDaniels). He only advised me it was above his pay grade and had pushed it up to his supervisorson and was waiting to hear from them and would contact me when he did. Hopping now for a trip to Elkhart to get this fixed right.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon