Washers and Dryers

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
No requirement for just cold water with ours. We have Whirlpools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

From what I have been reading about washers for RVs, it seems like with the ones mentioned here or the portable ones, they say to use cold water??? Is that true? I have not and never will be a fan of cold water washing of clothes. My appliance man told me to never use cold water for washing clothes. (he was not selling detergent..........LOL)

Thanks for any info.

Anna Z

Hi Anna,

Our Splendide stackable unit has settings for hot/warm/cold. We use warm all the time. I'm not aware of any reason to only use cold water.

AnnaIvanZ

The comments on the appliance sites were people saying about using cold water. No mention was made of using warm/hot. I was just wondering about it. If/when the time comes that we can spend 3 or 4 months away from this cold, using only cold water in a washer (if we'd get one) would be a definite deal-breaker for me.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
From what I have been reading about washers for RVs, it seems like with the ones mentioned here or the portable ones, they say to use cold water??? Is that true?
Thanks for any info.Anna Z
Like already mentioned, we use warm water wash with no requirement to use cold water as well.

Peace
Dave

Georgia_Biker

There are a couple of methods to make sure you are not going to go through a stud. I used a good wood/metal stud finder. You can look at your rig in the morning with due or frost on the out side. Where the studs are there will be vertical patterns. I had no problems with the stud finder. Others have drilled with a small drill part way to make sure that the stud would be cleared by the hole drill. The studs are metal.
I walked outside yesterday morning, coffee in hand, and there they were - with the moisture on the side of the RV you could plianly see the stud lines - pretty cool and scientific.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Anna,

Our Splendide stackable unit has settings for hot/warm/cold. We use warm all the time. I'm not aware of any reason to only use cold water.

My wife will only use cold water ever!! I don't say anything.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use cold for most things except whites (like underwear, socks).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Use cold water except for whites. Prevents shrinking all close that contain cotten and polyester such as shirts and pants.

porthole

Retired
For the most part we just leave it on warm. My preference is to always having the water move through the water lines. Just don't want water to sit in any of the lines for months at a time.

Stoker

220 Washers and Dryers

There is a way to install 220V service. You will need a sub panel and you should go through the power control system utilizing both legs of service and properly neutral and ground the sub panel. Also, you need to pull 6 gauge wire from the power control system - through the sub panel utilizing the correct sized breakers - and then run separate services to both your washer and dryer. Installed the sub panel in the basement out of the way but easily accessible. I did this and installed Asko 24" units. Works great! Wife washes two king sized sheet, pillow cases, and a few other items with no problem. The best part of the Asko washer is that it heats its own water.

My wife has told me she wants a washer and dryer installed in our BC 4010, so I am beginning to research options. I know in my mind she will not be satisfied with a combo unit because of the time it would take to dry and the wrinkles issue. So, that leaves me with stackables. Is my only option a gas dryer? I am assuming no one out there makes a 110v stackable dryer and if they did it would have the same issues in drying time? I am also assuming there is no way to get 220v to the dryer. For those of you who have traveled this road, what can you tell me?

danemayer

Re: 220 Washers and Dryers

There is a way to install 220V service. You will need a sub panel and you should go through the power control system utilizing both legs of service and properly neutral and ground the sub panel. Also, you need to pull 6 gauge wire from the power control system - through the sub panel utilizing the correct sized breakers - and then run separate services to both your washer and dryer. Installed the sub panel in the basement out of the way but easily accessible. I did this and installed Asko 24" units. Works great! Wife washes two king sized sheet, pillow cases, and a few other items with no problem. The best part of the Asko washer is that it heats its own water.

Hi Stoker,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for contributing.