Water filter

NYSUPstater

Looking at a BC 3560 SS and am wondering if there is any factory water filter for whole coach (fresh/on board) w/ replaceable cartridge that's standard hidden someplace? Funny how some coaches/mfr's have them and some don't. Current coach has it and did so for awhile, now they don't stating "too many problems" which meant that a few of the many they sold, owners goofed up while winterizing them and ended up leaking, so better to do away w/ them for all. We would really like to have one built in rather than inline on hose. If not factory installed, can one be installed at docking station (enough room) or just have to suck it up and go w/ a inline filter?

danemayer

Hi NYSUPstater,

The Landmark 365 comes with a built-in water filter located behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage. I suppose some people find it convenient compared to other types of filters. But access is not ideal unless you modify that rear wall (as many do). And yes, if you miss it during winterization, you'll have problem in the spring.

I'm not a fan of adding water filter devices inside the coach because of the potential for a high volume water leak if the plastic housing or O-ring fails. Some of us use filters and water pressure regulator in a tub that sits outside. If you set it up with quick connects and store the water hose in the tub while traveling, it's pretty convenient and takes seconds to set up. You can see a picture and description on page 15 of our Water Systems Guide, located in this folder.

Of course if you camp in sub-freezing weather, you'll need a different approach.

MTPockets

We always filter ours as well as a water softener from www.softcellwater.com ... using quick disconnects it's simple and we love having the soft water. The unit sits outside, but could be located inside. I prefer outside for ease of access and any potential for leaks.. (

sjandbj

We always filter ours as well as a water softener from www.softcellwater.com ... using quick disconnects it's simple and we love having the soft water. The unit sits outside, but could be located inside. I prefer outside for ease of access and any potential for leaks.. (

This is the same for us. The filters mount on the outside of my frame and I use quick connectors for all the hoses. Simple and easy to work on.

rxbristol

I first filter through a 1-micron filter, then an On-The-Go water softener for the whole house (located outside the rig)--then for drinking water, it goes through an additional .5-micron carbon VOC filter and a .2-micron membrane (under the sink).

mlpeloquin

On-The-Go water softener, two sets of one micron filters and carbon filters plumbed in parallel for easy water flow, and then UV treatment to protect against pathogens that could be in well water. My wife has a medically suppressed immune system thus the UV light treatment.