Water Leak

I own a 2021 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39RK. I live full time in the unit on my granddaughters property. I have a hose with a filter for fresh water. I have my tank control dial (??) turned to City Fixtures. I have a continuous water leak under the trailer (verified it is clear water and not gray or black). When I dry camp I don't have the leak (except for the one time I overfilled), but I would really prefer not to have to fuss with filling of that tank on a regular basis. The leak is located approx 10" from where my drain line comes out. It is dripping a few inches back from the black water drain. I am very new to RV's so I would appreciate any suggestions.

rhodies1

If you have an Anderson Control valve. It sounds like it has failed and filling water to into your fresh water tank. What does your monitor level show for the fresh water. If it is showingf full then you can shut down the water to the unit. Relieve the pressure on your water lines inside the unit and try rotating the Anderson valve to see if it stops filling the water tank. Also open the drain valve on your water tank to relieve pressure. You don’t need a ruptured tank.
You maybe forced to replace the Anderson valve.

Thank you for the quick response. I assume the drain valve is the lever under the unit?? I will try your suggestions and cross my fingers that they work.

rhodies1

Yes the drain valve should be sticking out through the coroplast bottom. Usually it is a white pipe with a valve attached. Open it to see if water drains out. If you tank is overfilling then you risk the chance of blowing a line on the tank or even rupturing the tank.

CoveredWagon

I own a 2021 Heartland Bighorn Traveler 39RK. I live full time in the unit on my granddaughters property. I have a hose with a filter for fresh water. I have my tank control dial (??) turned to City Fixtures. I have a continuous water leak under the trailer (verified it is clear water and not gray or black). When I dry camp I don't have the leak (except for the one time I overfilled), but I would really prefer not to have to fuss with filling of that tank on a regular basis. The leak is located approx 10" from where my drain line comes out. It is dripping a few inches back from the black water drain. I am very new to RV's so I would appreciate any suggestions.
You may also have a failed check valve IN the water pump. Easy fix is to install a check valve on the inlet side IN FRONT OF of the water pump.