Water Pressure

Devi1Dog

Hello all,

I am needing some help. I am attempting to use the water holding tank on my 2014 37QB, but I am not getting any water pressure or water. I filled the freshwater up to 2/3 full and when I turn on the faucets like the owner's manual states and then turn on the water pump I get nothing but air coming from the master bathroom. I can hear the pump running but I have no water or pressure. Am I missing something or ?????? It is cold down here, freezing temp. and I am getting tired of leaving my camper and having to go to a motel to stay so I can have water. Any help with this matter would be appreciated. In case someone is able to help and it would be easier to call than type instructions pm me and I will give you my phone number.

llalsbury

Arizona Chapter Leaders - retired
Is your water selector turned to normal? Water selector has 4 positions, city, tank, winterize and normal. City is to connect to outside water, tank is to fill tank, winterize is to add antifreeze to the system and normal allows the pump to draw water from the tank.

Last edited:

llalsbury

There is a selector in your UDC (the place where you hook up water). It is a rotary selector with the 4 positions labeled (kind of hard to read).

Devi1Dog

mabugyzy.jpg
this is the UDC I have.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Do you get water from the kitchen or shower faucets? Did it ever work or is this a new occurrence? Do you get water when using the city water supply connection? Possibility that the line from the tank has come loose and the pump is not getting enough water to prime itself.

Just saw your UDC photo. Since I don't know your experience level, don't take offense at the following. You say you filled the tank to 2/3, but if you were trying to fill it via the city water connection, you didn't fill the tank, and the sensors for the tanks are notoriously inaccurate.

But, if you are experienced in things RV, then go back to the first paragraph and locate your water pump to check the connections.

danemayer

Hi Devi1dog,

If this is the first time you've tried using the pump, and you're just getting air, my guess is that your antifreeze suction valve is open (which would allow you to pump RV antifreeze into the pex lines to winterize). If left partially or completely open, the pump will suck air instead of getting water from the fresh tank.

Unfortunately I don't know the layout of your Silverado, so I can't tell you where the valve is located. If you don't know, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to point you.

Also, do you know if the unit was ever de-winterized by the dealer before you took delivery. The water heater is drained and bypassed as part of the winterization process. Turning it on while bypassed could burn up the electric heating element very quickly.

You might find some additional help and tips in our owner-written Water Systems User Guide located here.

Kbvols

Devi1dog

my unit does not have the selector valve in UDC and is similar to yours. As Dan stated it sounds like the antifreeze suction valve is open. I would imagine the valve is accessible thru the access panel located on your basement wall. Look for a length of hose used to siphon antifreeze from a jug the valve will be located at the end of the hose usually close to the pump. You will want to ensure valve os closed. You will also want to ensure hot water tank bypass valves are closed and tank valves open both inlet and outlet if you plan to use hotwater. Hope this helps

llalsbury

I am sorry for the bad info - I assumed that your UDC was the same as mine. Next time I will ask for more information. Seems like the last two posts might solve your problem.

TXTiger

Not sure if this helps but while looking at the picture of your UDC you have the water hose connected to the City Water Connection. When hooked up to the City Water Connection the water pressure from the water supply would be enough and you would not need to run your water pump to get water to your faucet. The Fresh Water Connection is where you would connect your hose to fill your fresh water tank. When drawing water from your fresh water tank you would need to use the pump. If your fresh water tank is empty your pump will only draw air.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Devi1dog

my unit does not have the selector valve in UDC and is similar to yours. As Dan stated it sounds like the antifreeze suction valve is open. I would imagine the valve is accessible thru the access panel located on your basement wall. Look for a length of hose used to siphon antifreeze from a jug the valve will be located at the end of the hose usually close to the pump. You will want to ensure valve os closed. You will also want to ensure hot water tank bypass valves are closed and tank valves open both inlet and outlet if you plan to use hotwater. Hope this helps

Ours is like this as well. In our case, the pump (and the selector valve just off the pump) is behind the wall of the basement. (note, you will not have sliding doors, we added those, but what's behind them may be similar.)

IMG_1800.jpg

Lynn1130

Another issue could be that the hot water tank is not full. You will get air through the hot water line until that tank fills. You should, however, be getting some water through the cold water line.