Water Presure

Aandaar

Above my water hookup I noticed it says 100psi max. I thought we were only suppose to be 40 to 50 psi. All my other units were that way. I'm confused. Someone please unconfuse me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

danemayer

Above my water hookup I noticed it says 100psi max. I thought we were only suppose to be 40 to 50 psi. All my other units were that way. I'm confused. Someone please unconfuse me.

If that's stamped into the Anderson 4-way Valve assembly, it's the rating for that part, not for the entire trailer.

Aandaar

When I get back I will take a picture. It is stamped on the plastic above where the hose hooks up.

macjj

Because Heartland mixed water hose with plastic lines, not all the fittings seal properly. That said I have found if the water pressure is above 40 psi, I get leaks. Normally the plastic lines with crimp clamps are ok yo 60 psi, but adding the more flexible water line, it foes not seal well. Even tried replacing the clamp with a screw type

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IronJ

Why do you need/want that pressure??..and if your using a regulator you won't see 60psi anyway...

I use an. Adjustable regulator set to 40psi...don't need nor want anymore......

Regardless of what is stamped anywhere

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Rollin_Free

Because Heartland mixed water hose with plastic lines, not all the fittings seal properly. That said I have found if the water pressure is above 40 psi, I get leaks. Normally the plastic lines with crimp clamps are ok yo 60 psi, but adding the more flexible water line, it foes not seal well. Even tried replacing the clamp with a screw type

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been adhering to the 40-50 pressure since getting our first rig but I have a question that has bothered me about this very subject. As far as I know there is only one kind of PEX. I can go to any big box (Menards, Home Depot, Lowes etc.) and buy all the PEX tubing and connectors you want. With that in mind I redid my house with several feet of PEX and associated connectors but I don't have a 40-50 pressure regulator in my house. If I need to put one in my brick/mortar house that's one thing but if not what is the reason for restricting RV's using this same material?

DougS

Doug S
From my understanding the 40-50 psi is more for the hose protection leading to the RV. The regulator should be the first thing in line from the water connection. Most RV leaks develope from the constant abuse from drive down the road.

Rollin_Free

From my understanding the 40-50 psi is more for the hose protection leading to the RV. The regulator should be the first thing in line from the water connection. Most RV leaks develope from the constant abuse from drive down the road.

I've never put the regular at the spicot end of the hose. It's always been right at the rig so the hose and filter are on house pressure every time I connect.

I was just thinking that the flexible hose may be where the weak link is but then I remember my flexible line is stamped 125psi max so I just don't have a clue. The only difference between what's in our rig and the house is I'm using the pinch PEX clamps in our 5th wheel and using the compression ones in the house.

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

I usually put it at the water softener then routs through the filters and into the rig. Two exceptions were a RV park neat Appomattox Court House and one other. Both warned me of very high pressure. One was 135 psi and the one at Appomattox was 200 psi. The PEX can handle most parks pressure, but the crimp fittings cannot. I had one for the crimp fittings fail do to bypassing the pressure regulator at 80 psi. I replaced it with a shark bite fitting.

Aandaar

I started the thread as merely a curious question. Since I was a kid helping my dad do hook ups it was ingrained in me that never let pressure get above 40 psl.

When I the stamped in number

Aandaar

Dang Phone:

I just wonder if things had changed.

Now to start us down a different water pressure question.

Why is my water pressure different in the bathroom and kitchen? Good pressure in bathroom. Low pressure in kitchen.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Fittings and faucets may also be a weak link in the system, thus the 40psi restriction? I don't know, just a thought.

Rollin_Free

Dang Phone:

I just wonder if things had changed.

Now to start us down a different water pressure question.

Why is my water pressure different in the bathroom and kitchen? Good pressure in bathroom. Low pressure in kitchen.

I just had the same issue and when I took the aerator off the kitchen spout I found some plastic debris inside it. I took it apart and remove the unwanted material and that took care of the low water flow from the kitchen faucet.

- - - Updated - - -

Fittings and faucets may also be a weak link in the system, thus the 40psi restriction? I don't know, just a thought.

That may very well be the reason. Plastic faucets are actually the only difference between my house and the rig that I hadn't considered. Thanks

IronJ

And let us not forget a regulator on the black water wash (if so equipped)...

100 psi will mess up the back flow valve......it's cheap to begin with.....

Don't ask me how I know....lol

Rollin_Free

And let us not forget a regulator on the black water wash (if so equipped)...

100 psi will mess up the back flow valve......it's cheap to begin with.....

Don't ask me how I know....lol

x2 - I have a cracked one and I just don't know. It was less than 100 but still cracked. Sure sounded like it was cleaning good though. Oh well $35 and a little time. Leason learned

IronJ

Mine too...until water started pouring from the Cloroplast!! The pressure split mine in 2...and it was a major pia to get to

Rollin_Free

Mine too...until water started pouring from the Cloroplast!! The pressure split mine in 2...and it was a major pia to get to

What's really odd is the vacuum break is rated at 125psi. Go figure!! While I was already changing out the vacuum break I decided to also replace the shower faucet and put in a nice larger shower head. Turned out really nice and I also added flexible hose to minimize water pump noise. So I guess I've just added 3 more mods to our rig before I've even started this year.

IronJ

I thought it was 100 psi...either way ....the rating means squat...when it's made with cheap plastic ....probably next door to the tow max tire Factory...lol

Rollin_Free

Yep probably!! I attached a picture of the vacuum valve. The only part that's bad is the fitting is split on the output side. Looks like it failed because the fitting was put on way too tight. I agree with you it looks like cheap plastic even though it's stamped 125psi.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 47