Water Pump location?

As it's almost time to winterize, and this will be the first year I do this myself....can anyone tell me where the water pump is located in the North Trail 30RKDD? I figured I'd ask, to save the trouble of searching......Thank You.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have Trail Runner, and after searching in every cabinet and crevice in the trailer, we found the water pump under a panel under the sofa bed. :confused:

And, of course . . . it just happened to be the last place we looked! :p

danemayer

Water pumps usually make a fair amount of noise. You might turn off city water and turn on the pump. Open a faucet and walk around listening to the pump noise. Hopefully that'll get you close.

Last edited:

JohnD

Water pumps usually make a fair amount of noise. You might turn off city water and turn on the pump. Open a faucet and walk around listing to the pump noise. Hopefully that'll get you close.

That is what we did while trying to find ours . . .

I took off every panel in the trailer trying to find it . . . and it was in the one place (and the last place I looked) that didn't seem to make a sound!

As I mentioned earlier, it was under the sofa, which is just to the right of the rear door when entering the trailer.

CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg

We store our camping chairs under the sofa, but one of the sections had a thin piece of wood covering the space under it, which is where I found the water pump.

JohnD

Have you found the water pump yet?

Just wondering where it was . . .

When I had to locate my water pump on my trailer it wasn't too bad, 2 screws and voila. Getting access to the water heater was another story. What a PITA! I often wonder what the design team was thinking on this one. Still considering myself youngish, I worry about the older ones of us gaining access to the heater.

JohnD

When I had to locate my water pump on my trailer it wasn't too bad, 2 screws and voila. Getting access to the water heater was another story. What a PITA! I often wonder what the design team was thinking on this one. Still considering myself youngish, I worry about the older ones of us gaining access to the heater.

We have the rear kitchen, and our hot water heater is located under the kitchen sink.

There were two panels I had to remove to get to it . . .

Needless to say, I didn't put the panels back in and now there is much more storage space under there!