welcome home light

CCWREW

Welcome Back Light has stopped coming on when door is opened. Aisle switch is properly in off position. No fuses or circuits tripped or blown. This is a 2012 Bighorn 3070RL. I understand that Heartland changed this light operation after model year 2011, so I need help with the post-2011 operation and repair. I do notice what i think is a magnet attached to exterior door, under and parallel to the threshold and near the hinge side of door. Antone have similar problem and how was it solved?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Does the light work when the switch is turned on?
Have you checked the bulb?
When mine quit, it was the bulb.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is a time out switch on line near the door. Yours may be the problem.
You may find it behind the fire extinguisher or breaker panel if they are located near the door. Look for a small black gizmo with some wires coming out of it.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brianharrison

There is a time out switch on line near the door. Yours may be the problem.
You may find it behind the fire extinguisher or breaker panel if they are located near the door. Look for a small black gizmo with some wires coming out of it.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Here is a picture of my small black gizmo :)

Attachments

• DSC03785.jpg
    DSC03785.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC03784.jpg
    DSC03784.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 126

CCWREW

Nothing behind the fire extinguisher. The fuse box is on wall opposite the door on my 2012. Do I understand from your picture that gizmo it's behind the fuse box and it would need to be removed to get to it? Did you replace your?

CCWREW

Here is a picture of my small black gizmo :)

Okay!! I fixed the light... and all I had to do is pack up and drive to our next destination!! Who knew that things just fix themselves merely by changing campsites!? I guess the "light" didn't like where we were. My wife and I liked it, though.

SLO

Had the same problem on our 3070RL. Finally figured out the magnet was weak. Changed the magnet and no problem for a year now.