What the ****?

Northman53

I have a 2015 Heartland North trail 23RBS trailer. It has always had bad water pressure but this summer it began spitting air on cold side. I’ve replaced everything from the water line coming up out of floor to pump and all the lines after pump. If I draw water through the antifreeze line, no air. I’ve even added an accumulator tank that made the problem worse.
Today I was running water through the outlet further away from pump hoping to work air out. I checked to make sure fresh tank was full. It was at 3/4 and sucking air. I filled to fresh tank completely full and running out then it stopped sucking air. If the tank is anything but totally full, it sucks air. I see no access to the fresh water tank at all. How do I get to that tank to trouble shoot the air sucking???

rhodies1

It makes no sense that the tank needs to be full. The discharge line to the pump should be on the bottom edge of the tank.
You don’t have the winterization valve partially open. It will suck air into the pump if it’s open.
Sounds like you have been checking everything but just trying to give you something to look at…
Also check the fresh water inlet valve to make sure it isn’t stuck partially open. It’s spring loaded.

Northman53

Take a look at your pump. Specifically the strainer cup. Be sure it is screwed on tight and has no cracks.

Peace
Dave
It’s not the pump. I can turn off water supply from tank and put antifreeze hose in water and it doesn’t suck air.
There is not access panel to the underside. It’s one big panel. I guess I’ll pull that and start replacing all the fittings to the tank. The tank is bulging pushing the under panel down. That air is coming from that fresh water line. Dang it.

Roller4tan

So you kind of narrowed it down to the intake hose from the tank. Since you said its bulging, the tank may have crimped the hose between a cross member and the tank. Bouncing down the road may have created a hole in the hose.