What To Install On These Plates?

DallasFull-Timer

Hey y'all!

So my Elkridge 38RSRT has hydraulic front landing gear, electric drop arm gear in the back, and I've added a tripod to the kingpin. The tripod has reduced swaying to simple bouncing, but when the washer goes into spin cycle, it still feels like we're flying through flak in a B-17 over Europe.

I have 4 of these plates on my frame:

20170416_092850.jpg

I can't seem to find anything but hydraulic replacements that bolt to a plate like this. I'd like a mechanical "semi-permanent" option to bolt up to these.
Anyone have any links or anything? Thanks!!!

'Lil Guy'

Like Bernie says, they work great. I installed them on my Elkridge E289 and made a huge difference.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Your rig is ready for the rest of the 6 point Level-up system.
If you can get your hands on Lipperts new Evaluation system it would be a breeze to add to your RV.
Each leg has its own hydraulic pump so no hydraulic hoses to run, just the wire harness.

That's what I would do.
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

happykraut

Your rig is ready for the rest of the 6 point Level-up system.
If you can get your hands on Lipperts new Evaluation system it would be a breeze to add to your RV.
Each leg has its own hydraulic pump so no hydraulic hoses to run, just the wire harness.

That's what I would do.
Jerrod

A six point leveling system is just what it says...it's a leveling system and not a stabilizing system although it might help a dab.

DallasFull-Timer

A six point leveling system is just what it says...it's a leveling system and not a stabilizing system although it might help a dab.

Yeah I'm not really requiring a full on leveling system. I just see these 4 plates not being used for anything and would be happy just to add a scissor jack to each one to add 4 more points of stabilization to the ground. Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything that mounts to perpendicular-to-ground plates like this, or even an adapter bracket for that matter...

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have the 6 point Level-up system with the SnapPads. I don't use anything else, I now leave my tripod at home and this thing is solid as a rock.

As I stated, that's what I would do.

If he's wanting to bolt something to those brackets it might as well be the right thing.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
An alternative to Level-UP is the Ground Control System, which is an electric jack system instead of hydraulic.

avvidclif

If I pick the tires up almost off the ground it's a stabilizing and leveling system. 6 points of stability.

kbausano

I have the 6-point Level up system on my Bighorn 3760: and as nice as it is, my 42 foot coach wiggled, mostly left and right from the rear end. I recently added the Steadyfast setup (made in my hometown of Bakersfield, CA btw) and all our wiggle is gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DallasFull-Timer

I have the 6-point Level up system on my Bighorn 3760: and as nice as it is, my 42 foot coach wiggled, mostly left and right from the rear end. I recently added the Steadyfast setup (made in my hometown of Bakersfield, CA btw) and all our wiggle is gone.

Does the Steadyfast kit require a whole lot of drilling and modification?

kbausano

Does the Steadyfast kit require a whole lot of drilling and modification?

Some drilling but no mods on mine: three holes in the foot plates, and 4 holes in the frame where each of the other end of the stabilizer bars rest. On my rig, the frame drilling was tedious, until I discovered I could us a floor jack to aid in adding pressure to the drill when drilling upwards through the low-hanging frame rails. (Of course, I chose to do it all myself, instead of paying a smarter person to install it ). It's not terribly difficult as far as installs go, but in my case was challenging.

TxRoadWarrior362

I have the 6 point Level-up system with the SnapPads. I don't use anything else, I now leave my tripod at home and this thing is solid as a rock.

As I stated, that's what I would do.

If he's wanting to bolt something to those brackets it might as well be the right thing.

Same here, 6 point level up with Snap Pads. Very stable.

Tim

Desertsky

Hey y'all!

So my Elkridge 38RSRT has hydraulic front landing gear, electric drop arm gear in the back, and I've added a tripod to the kingpin. The tripod has reduced swaying to simple bouncing, but when the washer goes into spin cycle, it still feels like we're flying through flak in a B-17 over Europe.

I have 4 of these plates on my frame:

View attachment 51052

I can't seem to find anything but hydraulic replacements that bolt to a plate like this. I'd like a mechanical "semi-permanent" option to bolt up to these.
Anyone have any links or anything? Thanks!!!

Seems like a simple fix is to go to a welding shop and have them make up an L bracket to bolt up to that. Now you would have a flat plate to bolt up about anything you like.