Which receiver for new Directv install?

bobca1

Switching from Dish to Directv now that the ATT bundle with wireless is too good to pass up. Will be installing Winegard Travlr later this week. Seems I can buy H25 outright online for about $125, but going to check Directv too. Question is the H25 best current receiver? I am not interested in DVR, just basic HD receivers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

I purchased a h25 an direct TV would not let me hook it up to my account. They said I had to buy it from direct TV .

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bobca1

Confirmed the H25 is the best receiver for SWM system (new Travlr). Having the receivers delivered next week same time they are setting up system in my home. BTW word of advice if you are getting Directv DO NOT call ATT/Directv directly and use their installers. Having waiting 3 weeks thru 3 installer no shows to scheduled appointments, only to have the tech tell me at 4th appointment sorry I can't install it because "ATT does not allow us to walk on tile roofs" you will need to use a local dealer. Really? Maybe ask that question on day 1!! I canceled the order and now working with local dealer where I can actually talk to the installer :) I had no idea that there are local dealers/installers for this. Be sure to check for a local installer I learned my lesson!