Why did Heartland remove the rear fiberglass end cap??

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Why did Heartland remove the rear fiberglass end cap?? We are looking at replacing our 2010 3950 and looking at the new 400 Elite or the 4100 King. For the life of me, I can't figure out why the fiberglass end cap has been removed because it serves a purpose. First is looks cool, second it keeps the rain from sitting on the top seal of the rear door. If you guys want to look like a Raptor or Fuzion then just keep taking off essential components like this. Very disappointed to see this gone.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
We did remove that piece, because 90% of everything we build gets the ramp door patio and rear electric garage awning. The rear cap was driving the price up of the unit on our build of materials (STD feature) for only 10% of our sales so we eliminated it.

thanks, AJ

FiremanBill

I've got the cap on my '13 3110. I think it looks really cool and does add that extra flair to the back to keep it from looking so much like a tractor trailer... I love the spotlights in it too!

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
OK, thanks AJ for taking the time to respond to my question. I figured it has something to do with the rear awning. Just my 2 cents worth but please make this a user paid option again soon. The reason we Cyclone owners like our units and talk proudly about them to anyone who will listen is because they are quality built and not stripped down to a Fusion or Raptor standard. I have noticed over the last few years, some pretty basic items have been removed in lieu of saving some green, I get the fact that most buyers don't want to see significant price increases year over year but give us the option to select what makes these units top shelf. Case in point, our 2010 3950 has a half time convection oven, upper bunk wood cabinetry, 2 beaver tail storage bins and 2 outside slide out storage bins. All the above was removed in the newer models.....to save cost again? OK, now to be complimentary, thanks for adding the hydraulic front landing gear. This is a much needed upgrade. Now the only thing you guys over in the Cyclone division is how to spec these trailers out with awnings. An awning that stops just short of the entry door is useless. Wet steps = slip and fall potential. Awnings need to extend at least 3 ft past a door min.

We did remove that piece, because 90% of everything we build gets the ramp door patio and rear electric garage awning. The rear cap was driving the price up of the unit on our build of materials (STD feature) for only 10% of our sales so we eliminated it.

thanks, AJ