Why we do what we do

olcoon

We have been asked several times why we bought a 5er, and are gone for months at a time.

Some people like the bright lights & big cities, going to fancy parties & other events, rubbing elbows with the "elite", or the people that think they are. You know the people who say look what I've got, don't you wish you had one? Well Sally & I avoid the bright lights, big cities & the fancy parties & most of the people who like to attend them. Some ask why last summer we spent 3 months in the wilds of Wyoming volunteering in the Medicine Bow National Forest, where we saw few people, had to drive 2 miles, then walk about 200 yards up a steep hill to get a cell signal, had no TV reception, only went to town once a week, and ENJOYED IT? Well, while some people sit at home watching TV, etc. We were out there seeing things like this just about every day, & meeting some of the friendliest people we've ever met. Not only that, but we get to go to the Heartland Rallies, pot lucks, and again meet some of the nicest friendliest people we've ever met! We love the RV life style, the places we've been able to go to & see, and the people we've met along the way. I kind of feel sorry for someone who can't or won't do this, they are missing out on a lot in life!

brianharrison

Thanks for the very cool Video - certainly cements home the beauty of this country and the reasons to slow down and remember what is important in our lives......

Thanks.
Brian

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Great Video Roy. I use to live near Casper Wyo. I have not seen all the wildlife shown but I have seen a lot of it and planning on seeing a lot more.

Did you go to the elk reserve just outside of Jackson Wy? Or did you see all the Bison in Custer St. Park. We did and plan to go there again.

See you soon

BC

olcoon

No Bob, we didn't go to the elk preserve, drove by it 2 summers ago. After the rally in Cody, we went to the Medicine Bow NF near Saratoga, WY, one of the best summers we've had!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Great Video! Thanks for sharing. I agree, getting away sometimes is what it's all about. Many many people just have no idea...

Moving this thread into "Around the Campfire"

convert

Reginald Hromek
I need help. Everyone takks abou the video. How do I get it?? Not good on a computer. would like to se it

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I need help. Everyone takks abou the video. How do I get it?? Not good on a computer. would like to se it

Convert.... Put your cursor (arrow or hand) over the blue word this in the original post and click. Twice if arrow / once if hand. Usually blue words are links that will take you somewhere else.

TXTiger

The only thing better than owning a Heartland 5th Wheel to take you to places like those in the video is having a Heartland 5th Wheel Cyclone and being able to drop the back ramp and take the Harley out and ride thru the area too ! ! ! Love it.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks guys... for reminding me that Amy and I get to live "somewhere over the rainbow"

Last edited: