Will Heartland add HDMI cabling during build of my Cyclone?

I will be ordering either the 4100 or the 3800 after a visit to the factory. Does anyone know if heartland will install HDMI cable when making the build? I have also heard some horror stories about sat tv hook up. I would like to be able to carry my receiver for dishnet from room to room and also have it like my home unit be able to record a show while watching another. Any help before we decide would surely help.

dave10a

Re: 4100 King Surround Sound and Video Disapointment/ help

Heartland as it turns out is not exactly what one would call a technical oriented operation. My advice, based on my experience with Heartland, is delete any TV and sound option and install your own after delivery.

danemayer

Re: 4100 King Surround Sound and Video Disapointment/ help

I will be ordering either the 4100 or the 3800 after a visit to the factory. Does anyone know if heartland will install HDMI cable when making the build? I have also heard some horror stories about sat tv hook up. I would like to be able to carry my receiver for dishnet from room to room and also have it like my home unit be able to record a show while watching another. Any help before we decide would surely help.
It won't hurt to ask about adding HDMI, but I don't think Heartland has spec'd HDMI cable to run from room to room, and they don't do a lot of custom work.

There are many possible configurations of satellite dishes and receivers, with many different levels of capability. At home, when you get satellite TV, the entire installation is done by a paid installer to meet your exact requirements. Pre-wiring in RVs covers basic scenarios only.

If your dish and receiver require a single coax wire to record one show while watching another (some combinations do, some don't), then you'll be ok. If you need 2 wires, you'll have to either add one, or change the dish/receiver technology.

On our Landmark, with Directv, initially I had to run a 2nd coax line in order to fully utilize the DVR. Later, I switched to SWM technology that requires only one coax line for everything to work.

As far as moving your receiver from room to room, it depends on which room and whether it's pre-wired for satellite. You might want to look into wireless retransmission of the audio/video output from the receiver. Then you could watch satellite anywhere within the distance limits of the transmitter.