Yosemite for the First Time

SilverRhino

I have read through the threads answering baldeagle412 on the forum from a couple of weeks ago and wondered about a couple of things.

Next year, May of 2017 we are planning on visiting Yosemite on a trip that will take us from Lubbock, TX to the west coast, up to Seattle and then over through Montana, Idaho and North Dakota coming home via Omaha NE to see family. I am in the process of searching for any information that is available on Yosemite and the area.

We travel with a 34' fifth wheel behind a Freightliner M2. I had planned on staying outside of Yosemite and then using public transportation into and around the park. Questions that I have are:

1) Is mid May too early to visit the park?
2) Would it even be feasible to drive the truck in the park?
3) What route from Texas into the Yosemite area would be best, if planning on leaving area and going to Sacramento?

Thank you for any information you are willing to share.

MTPockets

I have read through the threads answering baldeagle412 on the forum from a couple of weeks ago and wondered about a couple of things.

Next year, May of 2017 we are planning on visiting Yosemite on a trip that will take us from Lubbock, TX to the west coast, up to Seattle and then over through Montana, Idaho and North Dakota coming home via Omaha NE to see family. I am in the process of searching for any information that is available on Yosemite and the area.

We travel with a 34' fifth wheel behind a Freightliner M2. I had planned on staying outside of Yosemite and then using public transportation into and around the park. Questions that I have are:

1) Is mid May too early to visit the park?
2) Would it even be feasible to drive the truck in the park?
3) What route from Texas into the Yosemite area would be best, if planning on leaving area and going to Sacramento?

Thank you for any information you are willing to share.
. We were there in early May 2011 in a class C motor home and had no problem driving in the park.. However, we couldn't find anywhere to park as it was very busy. We ended up leaving the park and taking the bus back in for the day. Yosemite was the busiest Nat'l park we've Benin in and we've been to most you can name from coast to coast.