New Heartland owner

Bill1374

Hi all,
New to Heartland as we just signed on a 3400rl today and pick it up on Thursday. Went to look at another trailer and SWMBO fell in love with the floorplan of the Bighorn. We're not new to rvs having started with an Apache popup about 1970 and are trading a Hitchhiker in. This will be our 4th fifth wheel.
The only problem may be getting into our reserved site in a state park next weekend. We've been there before but now we've added 4 more feet. The fun begins!

Bill

jimtoo

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a lot of great people here with a lot of information.

If you have questions, just ask away or search for some honeydo changes that some have made.

Jim M

Bill1374

Thanks, Jim. One project very soon will be my plexiglass storm door. That was one of the best I've ever done. Will read some posts to find some other projects.

Bill

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Welcome to the Forum. I have the 3400RE and love it. Don't worry about the extra 4ft. You won't know it is there. My SOB was a 30ft and the 3400 is right at 38ft and it parks just like the old one. What was difficult was going from Toung Tow's (Horse trailer, hay trailer, and popups) was how differently the 5er responded when backing.

Have fun..
BC

osims

bsims
Welcome Bill
WE have the plexiglass on the storm door also and love it. Also recently installed JT Strongarms and can't beleive the difference they make.
Bill

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bill, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. We also have the 3400RL and really like the open layout. I hope you enjoys yours as well. Since you've had a few ahead of this one, you'll adjust easily. Have Fun!

azbound

Welcome to the Heartland family. I know you will enjoy the BH and Heartland is a great company.

Good Camping

truknutt

Committed Member
Hi all,
New to Heartland as we just signed on a 3400rl today and pick it up on Thursday. Went to look at another trailer and SWMBO fell in love with the floorplan of the Bighorn. We're not new to rvs having started with an Apache popup about 1970 and are trading a Hitchhiker in. This will be our 4th fifth wheel.
The only problem may be getting into our reserved site in a state park next weekend. We've been there before but now we've added 4 more feet. The fun begins!

Bill

Welcome to the family! I see you are from Saratoga Springs..may I ask who your dealer was? Wondered if is was Boat-N-RV down in West Coxsackie?

Another thing, DW & I have over 60 combined years of DoD acronym decyphering and we are stumped by your "SWMBO". :confused: We don't know you well enough to tell you the different possibilities that we came up with! :eek:

Please enlighten us...

Bill1374

Exactly - it's she who must be obeyed. It's one of the smartest moves I ever made cause she runs the finances and is much better than me. She will defer to me on most tech issues though.
Dealer this time is Alpin Haus as it's a used rig. They've been a very good dealer for me through many sales. Tried to buy from B&RV once and got totally turned off by the salesman and walked out.
Looks like the biggest challenge will be getting all our "stuff" packed before we leave on Sunday. Our salesman has offered to help when we park door to door for the move in their lot. How come we always accumulate so much stuff?

Bill

rgirouard

Hi Bill,
Welcome to the Heartland Forum. I am sure you will really appreciate all the information passed along from some great people.
I purchased my BH3610RE on June 10th and love it. Of course there are a few problems but with all the information in this forum, I have already taken care of some of those.
Additionally, there are a lot of neat new ideas that pop up and I get quite interested in. Just keep reading and you will find most anything. Been RVing for the last 11 years and still finding out neat things.
Enjoy!
RogerNone

truknutt

Committed Member
Exactly - it's she who must be obeyed. It's one of the smartest moves I ever made cause she runs the finances and is much better than me. She will defer to me on most tech issues though.
Dealer this time is Alpin Haus as it's a used rig. They've been a very good dealer for me through many sales. Tried to buy from B&RV once and got totally turned off by the salesman and walked out.
Looks like the biggest challenge will be getting all our "stuff" packed before we leave on Sunday. Our salesman has offered to help when we park door to door for the move in their lot. How come we always accumulate so much stuff?

Bill

Like I said, SWMBO, that's a new one on me. If you're interested in meeting a small group of fellow Heartlanders and don't mind a short 300 mile roadtrip, Pa Chapter of the Heartland Owner's Club is holding their Rally August 14-17 in Pine Grove, PA.

Bill1374

Pa. might sound interesting. Haven't planned that month yet so we'll have to see what works out.
Big concern now is my reservations in NY park starting Sunday. Daughter's in-laws up there already and new people are working there, couple having come from other state parks where the rules are very rigid. Daughter says they brought the same attitude to this park. My site lists 20 foot max so I'm just a bit over. Been there before with a 33 footer but if they get nasty, may revoke my reservation. Been going to this park for over 30 years without problems so we'll see what happens.

But to all, thanks for the welcome.
Bill