propane line in my wheel well??

chris60

Hello out there,
I took my wheels off to be balanced & noticed on the passenger side, front wheel area, a copper propane line enters into the wheel well, then makes a 90 bend up to the stove / oven. The only protection from a rock or blowout is a covering of plastic wire loom. I was surprised by this, & am in the process of making up a sheet metal deflector. I have a 09 3055 Bighorn. Has anyone else noticed this? I think the factory should be relocating this in future models. I normally travel with my propane off, but I think its a bit of a safety issue. Just my 2 cents!

Chris

Jimmyt5

I had the dealer relocate it to the back side of the steps.
I told a gent who is now gone at Heartland about it and he said if you don't like it get it moved. I said I was just telling you because of the tires blowing out and ripping the line.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I have a 06 BH 3600RL and when I had a China bomb explode the LP line was a mess. The line ran through the wheel well on the off door side. When repairs were being done, the tech rerouted the line without discussing the issue. He told me it had to be changed in order to have the repair done correctly. Happy camping.

chris60

I like the idea of relocating it, would I need some type of gas fitters tape?If its to much hassle, I will buy a metal mud flap & cut that down to size, form it a bit & place it between the tire & the line to enclose it.
I hope this gets relocated at the factory level on future rigs.