New to site

PDA69

Hi All;
Just wanted to introduce Myself to this forum, my wife, kids and I took the plunge and upgraded from a 1994 Wilderness 29 5R, to a shiny new Sundance 3300FB. (still can't believe the options this thing has for the $$$$) :Dwe will pick it up next Teusday and break it in at MIS for 5 days of Nascar fun. Heres my ?? I have an 1850 watt generator, will it be enough to get me through the weekend or am I pushing it. It's a Husky brand from Home Depot with a Subaru motor.
This has already been a very informative site, I will be putting the new info (new to me) to good use.:)
Thanks; Paul

jimtoo

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. There are a lot of great people here with lots of good information. Just ask your questions and enjoy the forum.

Congratulations on your new toy. But I think you are really going to be pushing it to use an 1850 watt gen. I don't think you will run A/C at all and you would need to be careful using micro with anything else on. But if you just need it for lights, you should be OK I think. I'm sure some others with more experience with generators will jump in here soon.

Again, Welcome to the forum and family, and we are here to help, if needed.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Paul, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. I have to agree with Jim. If you use the fridge and water heater on LP, the genny will keep the converter working and still have enough for the TV and Microwave. I doubt the a/c will work. I think 3000 watts would be about the minimum to have for an a/c and even then another appliance would be questionable.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Welcome PDA69 just sent you a e-mail to join us at the 2009 Mich chapter Heartland owners rally Aug 27-30 2009, Hope to see you and WELCOME TO THE FAMILY. TRAVELER07)

2010augusta

Your 1850 watt genny is only able to put out just over 15 Amps. the formula to convert is Watts/Volts=Amps, so 1850/120=15.41amps, so NO A/C for you but tv and microwave should be good if fridge and water heater are on propane.

To have a true 30 Amp output you would need a 3300 to 3600 watt generator, but we like our 5,500 genset for the 50 Amp output.

PDA69

WOW!
Thanks for all the positive feedback, staring to feel at home already. I figure on having to upgrade to a higher watt output of a generator' for the race weekend I'll run what I can on LP and sqeek by.
Traveler07 thanks for the invite.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Paul - congratulations on your new Sundance. We being Nascar fans and travel to a couple of races each year have always rented at least a 5500 watt gen. We had first tried a 3500 but it kept kicking with the extreme heat and the a/c running all the time. With the bigger unit, that problem went away. If you ever try to come down to Bristol, give us a holler and we can set you up with a pretty good private campground that less than 1/2 mile from track. Been using them for over 8 years now without any problems and they have now installed 50 amp service. SWEET.