Holding tank capacity...

bobsue2

I know my model has two tanks..I'm concerned with the bathroom tank.....if only myself & wife taking one "navy" shower per day...shouldn't we get more than 3 days before tank needs emptying? Thanks

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
When we went to THE RALLY (Good Sam national rally) in Albuquerque NM in April we went 6 days with just 30 amp electricity. We started out with empty holding tanks and a full fresh water tank. At the end of THE RALLY our bathroom gray tank read 1/3 and the galley tank E and the black tank 1/3 and the fresh water still read full. We did not waste water but we took a quick shower every day, used paper plates and drank bottled water. We used the toilet as needed but took advantage of restroom facilities while we were out and about. You should have no problem with just 3 days of use. Just be sure they are empty when you start out.

My wife and I went a week without emptying and still had some room left. We took showers daily but didn't waste water. We will be going to Stanley ID over Labor day with full water tank and empty holding tanks and will be there a week. No hookups and no place to dump.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I know my model has two tanks..I'm concerned with the bathroom tank.....if only myself & wife taking one "navy" shower per day...shouldn't we get more than 3 days before tank needs emptying? Thanks[/quote

A week or more...You should have a valve between your two gray tanks so you can open it to gain more room.

2010augusta

I know my model has two tanks..I'm concerned with the bathroom tank.....if only myself & wife taking one "navy" shower per day...shouldn't we get more than 3 days before tank needs emptying? Thanks

A week or more...You should have a valve between your two gray tanks so you can open it to gain more room.

You have to have a gate valve at the sewer outlet to tie the two gray tanks together, or else things get really messy when the cover comes off the next time you dump.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
You have to have a gate valve at the sewer outlet to tie the two gray tanks together, or else things get really messy when the cover comes off the next time you dump.

We all have that valve Aug. My unit and maybe his also has a 2" valve running from each gray tank to the main gray water header pipe with a 4" valve.