PDA

View Full Version : Freezer not working properly

sjrellis
12-31-2009, 11:31 AM
Weird deal. The meat that was already in there is still frozen, but meat I put in yesterday hasn't froze. Any ideas? I just turned up the thermostat.

jvblade
12-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Try turning the fridge off then on again - my wife tried that one time when ours stopped and it worked! Smart girl! I just over analyze things ;)

Is it really cold outside? We had a thread on this subject as ours stopped working in really cold weather. Here is the thread: //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=13580

Is your temperature readout working? If not then the 12 volt supply is off. There is also a 120 volt circuit which could trip, however it should switch over to LP gas if that happens.

lwmcguir
12-31-2009, 08:38 PM
Keep in mind that they are very slow in recovering temps when the doors are open often. The rule of thumb per other post is 1 minute of open door requires 1 hour to lower the temp back to set point.

sjrellis
01-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Turning the thermostat up to 5 did the trick. When we spent the winter in Wisconsin 2 years ago, we never experienced this...and it was much colder there. Normally, we keep it set on 2 (out of 5) and things stay very cold. The problem with putting it on 5 is that things freeze in the fridge, so I'm trying to keep it on 4. Jim is gonna hopefully do the light bulb trick to help out.

Thanks for the info!