Removing the face cover on the tank monitor

patrick1945

The monitors for gray 1, gray 2 and holding tank do not read empty no matter how long I leave the drain valves open. The dealer told me to remove the faceplate, disconnect the leads and reconnect them to see if there is a problem there.

How do I remove the faceplate on my 3055 without breaking it?

It is 40 degrees, raining and the wind is blowing 15 mph just now on the Florida coast. I certainly have time to stress...

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Patrick, I have never removed one........but when all else fails a BIG HAMMER and a chisle will work. Dynamite and C4 make tooo much noise and might remove the whole wall. Leaving a walk through stool room. Kenny:D

TXBobcat

Fulltime
It doesn't work very well on any of the trailers.. Don't waste your time.

If you don't dump before you leave each time, or if you are in one spot and wait until the toilet starts to burp and get DW behind wet then it is time to dump the black tank. If you don't leave the Gray tanks open when your parked then when the water comes up in the sink or the shower pan, then it is time to dump....

FWIW
BC

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Awhile back I had to take down the underbelly and when I did a nut, washer and wire fell out. The wire had come off of the sensor on the gray (galley tank). I reattached the wire and the sensor started working good again. Maybe others have had their wires come loose also. Just a thought.

Jellystone

The easiest way to do it is to get a clear sewer hose fitting that connects to your dump outlet & sewer hose or as I call it "The Poop De Doo Review". After 3 or so days go by (family of 4) go ahead and dump and you can see the quantity & quality go rushing by. When it drains for 4 or 5 minutes or so it should be down to just a trickle running thru.