7 pin connector

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I'M installing a 7 pin connector in the bed of my truck ( sig. vehicle). Problem, I have 8 wires from the factory wire loom on the side of frame for this new plug. The extra wire says MTD STOP LP on the label ,off the wiring harness. Where does this go or is it not needed? Will be in and out will check back often.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Extra Wire

I recently replaced the pigtail lead on our Bighorn and ran into the "extra wire" that that you mentioned. It was not used on our original pigtail and I just dead ended it with a twist type wire splice. I'm not sure what it's used for.

Tom

katkens

Well I didn't use that extra wire , seems like everything on trailer is working. Still would like to know about that other wire. What for?

Gary F

The wire you are refereeing to is for a third brake lamp assy similar to what you might find on an automobile. Back in the 80's & 90's the third brake lamp was called a CHMSL, Center High Mounted Stop Lamp.

katkens

Gary F said:
The wire you are refereeing to is for a third brake lamp assy similar to what you might find on an automobile. Back in the 80's & 90's the third brake lamp was called a CHMSL, Center High Mounted Stop Lamp.
I think your right, after thinking about it, is probably used on slide-in campers. Everything is working so I,m good to go.

nhunter

You are right, that wire is for when you add a topper or cap you can hookup the brake light.

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
Some trailers come with a 3rd center brake light, My 98 Sea Breeze had an oval one just under the rear window. The Pallisades had them as well.