Heated Underbelly How?

RickNB

Since it is the first of September and we will soon have cooling temperatures I have been looking at how long we will be able to camp this fall. The Sundance literature states " All three holding tank gate valves are enclosed in the heated underbelly area and are easily accesible at the dump station".
Does anybody know how the underbelly is heated and the location of any duct work etc? Can this source be shut off ?

I do think that it will have to be a very large supply to maintain a temperature above freezing with all the holes and air passages in the belly cover especially with the large area that will have to be heated especially if there is no baffles in the length of the belly area. Has anybody had any experience in this .

If the furnace is supplying heat to the bellyarea at all times then would this not be a waste of heat in conditions that are not below freezing which is a lot of the camping season in this area at least ?

Have Fun
Rick

Last edited:

RickNB

Addition to Original post

I asked the service guy on Friday how the underbelly/tanks were heated and his first reply was "electric" I questioned the feasability of this especialy if you were boondocking and he pondered the questio and then said I'am not sure I must check that out. Thus my reason for asking here:confused:

K

Ken Washington

Rick,
There is a hose off the furnace that is loose in the underbelly that keeps the tanks from freezing. Look around and you will see it somewhere behind access doors.
Ken

Redcoat1

Heating in Tanks

Yes the heating duct is a 2 inch duct and it is found where the furnace is located. I have to agree that the amount of heat that is put out from this would not prevent freezing in Canada.