Refrigerator cooling issue on gas

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
For two seasons of camping I had a cooling issue on gas only. After many trips to the dealer and them working with Dometic the fridge finally started to cool. Tehy replaced every part on it! However, when working on it the dealer (not a Heartland dealer, but a Dometic dealer) noticed when the slide goes in it pinches the gas line and it will not cool. Of course no gas. Looking at the way this hose is routed I do not see any way when the slide closes that it will not pinch. Does anyone else have this issue or I am wondering if the hose was routed wrong.

If anyone has a picture of how the gas line is routed to the fridge under the slide that might help me. I would like to see how it is routed to make sure mine is correct.

I have attached a picture of the gas line. This is with the slide extended and you can see the crimp in it. You can probably tell once this slide closes it basically shuts down the hose.

Attachments

• IMG00070-20100427-1&.jpg
    IMG00070-20100427-1&.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bill, I don't have a slide with a fridge in it but hopefully someone with a 3670 will get you a picture. We have a great bunch of owners here. It may be something as simple as re-arranging the hose.

wdk450

Bill:
Here are 3 photos of my 2008 production BH 3670RL under the kitchen slide of the gas line. I hope this helps.

BTW, I always check the refrig control panel for the "Check" light when running on gas, when departing, and if I happen to go back into the trailer for potty or snack breaks. This tells you that the flame is out, if the light is on.

DSCN0220..JPGDSCN0218..JPGDSCN0219..JPG

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
Thanks, mine is not routed like yours. The interesting thing is my check light never comes on because I get some gas, but not enough volume to cool. This really helps.