Grand Canyon Sewer Boom

Sailor

My New GC has the sewer boom on it, but did not have the sewer hose in it. I have tried 3 different brands with no luck. Found one the was 15' long the ends would fit into the boom but the boom would not hold all 15'. Found a hose that was 10' long that fit in the boom after I cut the bandnet ends some. After I stretching the 10' hose when tring to get it to go back into the boom it was stagging on somthing . So I have at this point distoried a $39 set of hoses and still don't have a working solution. What are you guys useing, and how long of a hose in the boom.

Hey Sailor, this was my fix and works very well for me. Purchased the Blue Line Ultimate Sewer Hose Kit from CW. Also got the 5 foot extension and adapter along with a 90 degree clear baynonet adapter. The 5 footer fits perfectly into the boom and I just add the other 10 footers as needed. The clear elbow is also nice when filling the honey wagon and also shows when the black tank is clear at the dump station. Hope this helps. Bob

caissiel

Had one on the previous trailer
It is still behind the garage, It was the worst thing I ever saw on an RV
Blew a hose and what a mess, and it smelled all the time.
It was taken of the market for a while, now someone has brought it back.
I prefer storing a hose that I can control then a hose stuck in a cage.

DougS

Doug S
I guess I'm one of the few that likes the sewer boom. One thing I found wrong with the sewer boom is that it is only held on by a cotter pin with all of the weight on the pin. I drilled out the cotter pin hole and installed a clevis pin to make it stronger.

Willym

I guess I'm one of the few that likes the sewer boom. One thing I found wrong with the sewer boom is that it is only held on by a cotter pin with all of the weight on the pin. I drilled out the cotter pin hole and installed a clevis pin to make it stronger.
I also find it OK to use.