Leak

Bob120

The 4 inch waste pipe from the toilet in my Sundance has a slow leak at the elbow. It would appear that insufficient glue was used to make the seal when initially connected. I thought perhaps a little glue could be inserted with a syringe as there appears to be a small gap where the glue is missing, but plumbers I have spoken to say this cannot be done and the only way to fix it, is to cut out and replace with new fittings.
Would you have any other suggestions that might work, i.e. silcon caulk or tape ?

BigBlue

BigBlue
You might try epoxy. I had a leak in my drain system and went to the hardware store and found an epoxy that fixes leaks. I mixed it up and slathered it over the joint and it took care of the leak. If I remember right there are two kinds, one that requires the surface to be dry and another that will work where the leak is wet. get that one.

ct0218

Mine leaked at the same place, and I used the same cure as BigBlue. Since it is a non-pressurized system epoxy works fine, and a lot easier than cutting out and replacing fittings. I just pulled it 3000 miles and still not a leak.

Just letting you guy know that I also have the same leak. And thanks for your comments. I was thinking of taking the pipe appart now I will try the epoxy. Sounds like the guys at the factory need to use more glue ;)

Wild Wind

Fix Drain Fitting Leaks

In the construction business all plumbing, DWV pipes, water lines and gas lines must put under 24 hour pressure test each and must maintain their respective required pressure. I doubt that Heartland does this.:mad:
When I was in the, in plant modular home business, we would build a few plumbing trees ahead and have them ready for plumbing inspections once a week under presure. Usually about one in six drainage systems leaked at a least one fitting, we became very good at breaking fittings apart to replace them. But, this was very time consuming, and the Master Plumber decided one day to attach a vacuum pump to the defective drain pipes. this suction worked 110% at sucking the cement into the PVC joints and sealing them.
In the field we use ferncos (rubber sleve, band connectors), to do many repairs, Lowes and Home Depot carries many shapes and sizes, 3" ebows included.