leak at gray water tank

hoffhouse51

Hello everyone,
I have a 2015 Elkridge E289 and where the drainpipe connects to the gray water tank there is a leak. I’ve removed the bands and there is not a mechanical attachment. i.e. treaded or other type of attachment. What I’m seeing is a slip pipe connection with a 3in reducer to the 2in drainpipe. The gasket is on the tank side of the 3in reducer. There was some sort of degraded rubberize sealant. I tried flex seal tape with the bands, still leaks. I’m considering ABS plastic wielding but have concerns the joint will be stiff and not flex while driving and therefore crack/leak again. Any suggestions as to the best sealant?

stock image of gray water tank to show where leak is coming from.
1649716836812.png

BigFry

I can't be much help as I had to pay someone to fix my problem. I was able to confirm that the clamp and butyl is what is used to join the pipe to the tank. I was personally able to see how much the tank flexes especially when full and it causes some movement in the connection. The tanks on my rig are not ABS. I used a Fernco coupling to stop the leak until I got to a repair facility. Good luck.

duga

Had the same thing happen to my e289. A thick rubber coupling from Home Depot over the outside with hose clamps seems to have done the job. Bit of a stretch but it went on

hoffhouse51

Had the same thing happen to my e289. A thick rubber coupling from Home Depot over the outside with hose clamps seems to have done the job. Bit of a stretch but it went on
Hi Duga,
After a day or so to let the flex seal tape cure, it seams to be holding. If it fails I'll take a look at the rubber coupling.

I'm having the same issue here on my '15 Prowler. Previous owner ran a crappy bead of grey flex caulk. After removing the ABS, I noted it was broken in several spots. Any suggestions where to retrieve a part number for the grooved ABS that's broken in two?

Attachments

• IMG_5914.jpeg
    IMG_5914.jpeg
    979.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5915.jpeg
    IMG_5915.jpeg
    997.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 68280320184__A5BA4555-9FD4-471A-A8A9-EED344A0E721.jpeg
    68280320184__A5BA4555-9FD4-471A-A8A9-EED344A0E721.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
Last edited: