fantastic fan problem

robnmo

Sorry for not being able to find this in a search, but I've had no luck, we're on the road and stopped over in Missouri for the night. The Fantastic fan in the garage has worked perfectly several times, when we got set up tonight, it won't operate/open and run via the thermostat. works fine on manual. I removed the fuse, it's fine and when its open in manual and I put the fuse back in the holder and set it to auto then it continues to run and closes and shuts pff, but won't open and run on auto. Been through the manuels, no luck there, any suggestions?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know about yours, but if we turn the thermostat up too quickly, or too far, the fan will not start. Try turning the t-stat up a little slower and see if that helps.
You might also check the wires from the t-stat to the fan, on both ends. Could be a loose one. Could be the t-stat went bad, but I doubt it.
Let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

lhetsler

I had that happen one time without explanation, it just would not work on auto. The next day it was fine. I got to thinking about it and thought maybe there was some moisture on the rain sensor. That was a year ago and it has worked fine since. Maybe you are having a similar problem. I theorize that the moisture kept it shut down when the thermostat called for operation and that the manual switch overrides the rain sensor.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi robnmo,
I had the exact same problem with my fantastic fan, and after all the advice, the solution was quite simple. While at a Heartland rally, a technician came out, sent by the sponsoring dealer, and in 5 minutes solved the problem. He removed the outer casing of the thermostat, and fixed the connection inside, with a screwdriver. It seems the connection from the auto sensor, wasn't touching, so he bent it a little and now it works every time.

jnbhobe

I also had that same problem, If you turned it up slowly you could hear it start to open then close right away. I called Fantastic Fan they said it was the thermostat and sent me a new one no charge, works good now!!!!

robnmo

Update on our vent fan problem. I initially jumped the thermo wires together and it still wouldn't work. So on one more try, I went to twist the 2 thermo wires together and one wire pulled out of the insulation (about 1/8 inside the insulation). So I restripped wires, put it back on the thermo and works like a new one. Wire broken inside the insulation. No biggy and no one to blame, just a typical thermostat wire. ;)