Is my front landing gear working correctly?

sdagro

My landing gear is working but not as I "thought" they were originally. As I raise the gear up, (facing the front of camper behind tailgate) the one on left retracts 1st--then after that one is all the way retracted the one on right goes up. Same going down. The one on left extends til it touches my blocks, then the one on right goes down. Never noticed this before. Maybe because the first time I used it I dropped the feet down to within an inch or less of the blocks before extending. Just curious/concerned and don't want to think I am crazier than I am. Thanks in advance for your reply. Steve A. Dagro

dewwood

I am assuming you have the hydraulic landing gear. If so the oil follows the path of least resistance so the shortest or one closer to the pump will go first until it meets resistance then the other one will extend until it meets resistance. At this point pressure will equalize and both will extend (or retract) together. Hope this explains how the oil flows in your cylinders.

K

karykatz

Your landing gear is working correctly. The first leg comes down and than the second leg at which time they both will lift the unit. This will help aid in leveling your unit. Your not crazy. LOL

sdagro

Thanks guys. For a while I thought i was loosing it. Now I can find something else to worry about. Steve