New fifth wheel owner

We have bought our first 5er we used to have a Keystone travel trailor. I was wondering we bought a Sundance 3000RK and when we had our TT during winter we had serious mouse problems and I found that most of the holes for plumbing and electrical going thru the floors were not sealed and once I sealed them the mice were gone, so my question is has anybody experienced these issues with the Heartland Sundance line. Paul

jimtoo

Hi Paul and Carolle,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I know that some people had rodent problems and that they did some sealing around the front legs, but I cannot say for sure... We have a Bighorn and have never had a problem... but we do have a mean cat at home also.

I'm sure some others will jump in and give their recommendations also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You can use expanding foam. Open things up look for any light shining from outside. A shot of expanding foam should work. Others have used dryer sheets to repel the little buggers. We use this and it has always worked.

Attachments

• crazy cat 017 (Medium).jpg
    crazy cat 017 (Medium).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
  • crazy cat 015(Medium).jpg
    crazy cat 015(Medium).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 13

mdavis

Just made our purchase of a Sundance 3200RE, And I will be checking on my access holes. Thanks for the heads up.

jimtoo

Hi mdavis,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and also the family.

Enjoy your new Sundance and the forum.

Jim M