who owns a portable oven/cooker thingy?

cashb

I could use a spare oven of some type to use camping. Portable, compact,cooks fast, easy cleaning, etc. Which one would you suggest? Pros, cons, welcome! I would like one for inside, occaisonally to be used outside, so electric is probably best. :confused:

tracy

I use a GE Toaster Oven I really like it.I use it most everyday we camp for dinner rolls, cookies for the grandkids pizzas for lunch.I have never used the oven in our camper or the stove.We love the outdoors and the food is always better cooked outside no matter how we cook it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have the stove oven (propane) which we have never used and the convection/microwave which we always use. That gives us two ovens. We also have an air-bake oven (As seen on TV) that works great if you want to cook a turkey or something like that.

cashb

Thanks for the replies! I considered a toaster oven, but I think I need something bigger. Jim, what is the air-bake and how do you like it? What have you cooked in it?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thanks for the replies! I considered a toaster oven, but I think I need something bigger. Jim, what is the air-bake and how do you like it? What have you cooked in it?

The air bake is round and you can put a turkey on it. It blows hot air around and it works great. DW does the cooking in it and it was one of them infomercials we saw and bought. We have had it several years. Takes about the same amount of time as a regular oven.