My Experience with Bob Tiedge - Trail Air Customer Service

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
On our way to Nashville, we had some problems with an hydraulic line that had ruptured (the out line to the slides). I kept adding hydraulic fluid to the reservoir so that I could keep the slides operational until my arrival in Nashville. When we got to Nashville, I could not operate the hydraulic pump because as it turned out, the leaking hydraulic fluid had caused a short which made the system inoperable. Jim Beletti came to help and he was able to bypass the problem area (breaker problem) by using a jumper wire. That enabled us to get set up.

When Bob Tiedge arrived in Nashville, I discussed with him an upgrade to my level up system to include the auto-level. In our discussion, I mentioned that an hydraulic line was leaking and that I would probably want to get that fixed as well. He quickly looked at the problem and found a temporary solution by using rescue tape over the ruptured line and putting clamps over it. This temporary repair would allow us to travel to Goshen to get the upgrade and he mentioned he would replace the ruptured hydraulic line at the same time. However, the Trail Air facility was booked every day until sometime in mid-August. He indicated that he would in fact do the work during off hours to accommodate our schedule.
As scheduled, we arrived at the Trail Air Center in Goshen on Friday, July 23<SUP>rd</SUP> at 1 p.m. and of course we were allowed to use the hook-ups there to set up our trailer for overnight stay. The trailer was pulled in at 4:30 and they did the upgrade, replaced the ruptured hydraulic line and even completed the installation of the lower jaw for the tri-glide air ride pin box system. They completed the work at 7:30 p.m. Friday night.

We stayed in the back of the shop overnight and Saturday prepared to leave but we encountered another problem and could not extend the front landing gear in order to hook-up. It was 4 p.m. Saturday afternoon and we were stuck. As it happened, Bob Tiedge came in to work in the afternoon and found us stranded. He quickly assessed the situation and determined that the hydraulic pump needed replacing. He proceeded to change the pump on the spot and we were ready to get to our next destination at 7:30 p.m. Saturday night.

The level of service that I received from Bob was above and beyond what I have ever experienced before. The man obviously cared and made sure that we were taken care of. This was like a breath of fresh air in an otherwise unpleasant experience.

I'm sorry for the lenghty post but I just wanted to share.

Bob

SmokeyBare

Great report Bob, Thanks for sharing it with us. So often we get caught up reading "Problems" only. There are more good stories but they are not as often shared so quickly or in such detail.

TrailAir is fortunate to have Bob Tiedge working for them, I hope they see the good customer service he's offering to folks who have selected products from TrailAir.

Hope your issues with your BigHorn are all behind you now... Happy Camping !

Marv

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Bob is really a great guy...he spent many hours designing our system for the Level-up, using the remote control. As we were the first to have the landing gear changed and the remote installed...it took him many hours of concentration, but he stayed on it and got it done right. Our system works great with no problems at all!

By the way, ain't Rescue Tape wonderful??? LOL ;)