Having trouble with Southco Keyless Entry system

we have a 2011 3185RL that has issues with the keyless going dead new battery last 2 days in keypad my dealer has no answer yet from heartland or southco on resolution to problem it has been 2 weeks . very disapointed with it they have 4 others with same problems is there a higher power that can fire up southco at heartland for a fix or do we just stumble along?

Willym

Re: Keyless entry

I have posted on this a few times before, but on our unit I found that the keypad battery was not a snug fit in it's holder. After adjusting the holder, the keypad has worked properly and consistently.

K

karykatz

Understand your frustration. I am checking on this issue. Will keep you posted.

musicman

We had same problem about a month ago. I called Southco and they mailed me a brand new keyless entry. It has been working great. Hope this helps. The installation was not as easy as the instructions stated though. But very satisfied with Southco and Heartland regarding the speedy fix. We love our BH.

lizzymit

We have a BigHorn 3610RE and the pad has never worked properly. Gone through several batteries and haven't found a Heartland dealer who knows anything about a wireless system. We don't use it as it is unreliable and locked us out on one occasion.

I am thinking about asking for a replacement unit via smail mail and trying to fix it myself.

Any comments?

K

karykatz

Tom,

You should hear back from Heartland RV Service in the next couple of days regarding your system.

I'm sure we can help get this resolved.

jbeletti

Tom,

Once you get your keyless entry system functional and stable, you will love it. I have it on my demo coach and I use it extensively. I have not used my key in months.

I also want to say that while you and a few others have had some issues, we have sold an a very large number of units with these systems that are working perfectly. It is a great product - we just gotta figure your issue out.

Thanks,

Jim

new

Understand your frustration. I am checking on this issue. Will keep you posted.
our system never worked right from the time we got our new BigHorn 3385Rl 2011. I belive they are going to replace the pad unit next wk. Neal no1752

jimtoo

Hi Neal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have heard Southco is replacing some of the units and also some folks have found that the battery is not making a good contact. But it will be repaired to work correctly.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

K

karykatz

Good Morning Everyone,

I understand there have been some isolated situations with the Keyless Entry system. I just want everyone to know that we are on top of it. If you are having problems with your system, please contact Heartland RV Customer Service so they can help assisit with your issues. The number is 877-262-8032.

Thanks to for everyone support and insight.

Southco has sent us a new updated keypad that is getting activated next week so thanks to all who helped us get thru this we beleive they have got the bugs worked out
Good Morning Everyone,

I understand there have been some isolated situations with the Keyless Entry system. I just want everyone to know that we are on top of it. If you are having problems with your system, please contact Heartland RV Customer Service so they can help assisit with your issues. The number is 877-262-8032.

Thanks to for everyone support and insight.

sdagro

My key-less entry pad went out over the weekend. Worked fine Friday. Didn't use it Saturday. Tried to lock it yesterday when leaving campground and nothing. When we got home I tried it again. After pressing 1/2 of the buttons needed to activate to lock, the keypad finally lit up as it should when you press the 1st button. Is similar to anyone's problem?

Willym

Try checking your battery holder as I did. See my post above.

My key-less entry pad went out over the weekend. Worked fine Friday. Didn't use it Saturday. Tried to lock it yesterday when leaving campground and nothing. When we got home I tried it again. After pressing 1/2 of the buttons needed to activate to lock, the keypad finally lit up as it should when you press the 1st button. Is similar to anyone's problem?

K

karykatz

If you are experiencing issues with your keyless entry system, please contact heartland RV customer service 877-262-8032. They can you walk you through some steps to trouble shoot.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

KL7j

Southco has sent us a new updated keypad that is getting activated next week so thanks to all who helped us get thru this we beleive they have got the bugs worked out

I just went through an interesting scenairo.
The keyless on default codes would lock and unlock.
I tried to program a new code into it and did not get any button lites nor any success.
The service shot of Great Lakes RV tried and was not successful either.
I called SouthCo and was refered to a Mike. A voice message was returned.
He noted that in bright daylight, you often could not see the button lites, nor their prompts for timing of input.

He had a unit in his office and I was on a cell phone as we walked through the sequence (he could see his lights) and told me when to press my keys. It worked!

Mike noted that if the unit worked with the default codes on unlocking and locking, then all was well and just a matter of input timing of when to press keys. I guess the way to program these is about sunset so you can see the button lights :)

Well my problem last year has been fixed by Southco. They sent me a new transmitter and it was installed at the dealer in October. I installed the battery last week and it works just fine.

rono

I have tried several times to get a new code entered but each time I think it has accepted the code and try the new code I can only get the the darn thing to open not lock. My instructions say to enter the new code twice each time holding the last key 2 seconds. Shouldn't it be where I hold the key for 2 seconds in the first number for one of those entries? Has anyone successfully reprogrammed? By the way we just picked up our 3070RL this weekend from Kris Willis RV in Dexter MO. Great place to get your RV at a great price! Tell him I sent you.

Thanks
Ron Oelkers

rono

Dang found that I wasn't operating door correctly. Dealer told me that after entering the code I was to push the key that was last in the sequence to lock and the first in sequence to unlock. Finally found in instructions that you need to push the 3-4 key to lock and 1-2 key to unlock after entering the code.