Our new landmark

4ever

Our new 5th wheel has been born! Just found out that our new Landmark, Grand Canyon is finished and at the Dealer (Great Lakes RV, Elkhart). We plan to go do the PDI and take delivey next Friday the 20th. Now I just have to wait until then. Now there is a tough job. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas or summer vacation. Days seem like weeks and hours like days. We will stay there for a couple of days so we can take care of any open issues and the go to MI for a few more to make sure all the bugs are worked out. Wow just can't wait.

Ted

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: Our new landamrk

Be cool - take deep breaths but keep saying - the 20th is coming, the 20th is coming. Congratulation and enjoy.

Tom of Ypsi

Ted,

If yours is a full body paint it is here at RV Capital in Elkhart and it sure does look pretty. Make sure you do a thorough PDI before signing on the dotted line and then enjoy.

4ever

Tom,

Yes it is the full body paint. Obviously, you are in Elkhart. Getting work done?

Ted

Tom of Ypsi

Ted,

You got it right, getting repairs done and tomorrow starts our fourth week here. I can tell you that your coach is getting the VIP treatment, it is sitting inside the building for the weekend. Limited room here and lots of rv's waiting out back for repairs.

4ever

Wow four weeks! Mustr be getting some serious work done. I sure hope your repairs get finished soon. When do you expect to be completed? I would guess that at this point you are ready to move on.

Ted

Tom of Ypsi

Hopefully we will be on the road late Monday or Tuesday. I have/had linear cracks in the I-Beam where I could actually see through the frame. It was wellded by Lippert yesterday wth 1/4" gussets added for extra support. We feel as do others that have seen the problem including the welder that this is a design flaw but the coach being 5 years old is out of warranty so HL or Lippert will not fix the problem. My extended warranty insurance, Star, would cover only half. We were also told the coach was ok to pull down to here but when we arrived no one could believe we made it safely. All in all we were very lucky we did not have an accident coming here.

Last edited:

ihsolutions

Congrats on the new rig. I bought my BH 3670RL from RVCW in March this year. My advice is be VERY THOROUGH in your PDI. They do not make it easy for you to connect fresh water (city connection), but if you bark loud enough they will run a bunch of hose out to the spot where you can camp for the night to test your systems.

STRONGLY recommend you stay overnight on their site and thoroughly test everything. They like to push you to sign your paperwork before you are finished, but just be firm with them.

When I left the lot and drove down the road I discovered I had ZERO brakes, so also insist on them manually checking adjustment at each wheel. Good luck!

4ever

Crack in the frame! Now that is serious. Glad you caught it before you had even more of a problem. Glad it is getting fixed. Good luck and safe travels.

Ted

hart1369

Our new 5th wheel has been born! Just found out that our new Landmark, Grand Canyon is finished and at the Dealer (Great Lakes RV, Elkhart). We plan to go do the PDI and take delivey next Friday the 20th. Now I just have to wait until then. Now there is a tough job. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas or summer vacation. Days seem like weeks and hours like days. We will stay there for a couple of days so we can take care of any open issues and the go to MI for a few more to make sure all the bugs are worked out. Wow just can't wait.

Ted
your dealer is ours i suggest that you do a very good pdi i would not refer anyone to them, call rv service center and speak with jeramy a couple of days before you are to be there so he can make sure there is no big hold ups on your new rig. hes the only one at that joint that i would trust