3585RL Questions

adcruise

We are about to place our order for a 2011 3585RL and our local dealer is unable to tell us:
1. If we do not order the TV in the bedroom, is it still wired for cable & satellite?
2. Can anyone show us a photo of a booth dinette? Features, measurements etc. All units we have seen (dealer say same) have a table and chairs, reason for this?
3. If we choose to install an aftermarket swing arm mount for the 40" TV, will the slideout structurally support the weight? I know the factory does not install them and I do not want to do so either if there is a structural issue. Someone on this forum said you don't need to swing it out as you can see it well from anywhere in the coach, but if it's an LCD unit there can be some issues with angles.
4. Has the factory addressed some previous issues such as the wiring running under the bed that can rub on the slideout and cause a short? How about the many issues or reported plumbing leaks?

Thanks, trying to be sure we are doing right by purchasing a BH, have looked at KZ, Montana and Big Country.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
3585RL Questions
We are about to place our order for a 2011 3585RL and our local dealer is unable to tell us: We took delivery of our 3585RL about a month ago.
1. If we do not order the TV in the bedroom, is it still wired for cable & satellite? Well, kind of. The wires are there but I had to do some splicing in the basement to get the satellite signal to the bedroom. I think there is a splitter somewhere and that don't work good with satellite signal. At least not DTV.
2. Can anyone show us a photo of a booth dinette? Features, measurements etc. All units we have seen (dealer say same) have a table and chairs, reason for this? Personally I would not want a booth dinette. This is a luxury RV, why make it look like a pop-up. Just my opinion.
3. If we choose to install an aftermarket swing arm mount for the 40" TV, will the slideout structurally support the weight? I know the factory does not install them and I do not want to do so either if there is a structural issue. Someone on this forum said you don't need to swing it out as you can see it well from anywhere in the coach, but if it's an LCD unit there can be some issues with angles. Can't say for sure if the part of the wall will support a swing arm. I am sitting at the kitchen table now and can see the TV just fine. No problem from here with the angle.
4. Has the factory addressed some previous issues such as the wiring running under the bed that can rub on the slideout and cause a short? How about the many issues or reported plumbing leaks? The big bedroom slide is an electric slide so there are no steel braces under the bed like on a hydraulic slide. On our last Bighorn which was a 2008 model I took the bed appart to have a look at it and everything was good. I think the shorts were an isolated proble.
Oh and no water leaks.
Thanks, trying to be sure we are doing right by purchasing a BH, have looked at KZ, Montana and Big Country. We love our Bighorn.

Peace
Dave

adcruise

Thanks for the reply Dave, looking forward to picking up our 3585. We also will be using DTV so if the factory boys can't tell me where the splitter is I'll have to do some wiring myself. You are correct, DTV will not work with a split signal. As for the booth, it's more of a practical perspective we are considering... being able to make it into a bed for the grand kids as well as additional storage. Besides, we recently realized that when we go out to eat and are asked "booth or table" we always want the booth for comfort.

David

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
David;
We have 3585 and love it, especially for open floorplan in kit and living area. I would suggest thinking twice or more before going with dinnette. Since our table is just as you come into door on left, you have to remove leaf from table to get slide to go all way in. Very close clearance with island. We normally just use two chairs there but with leaf, room for 4 or 5, but we don't normally take guest. If we do we eat outside a lot. Sofa makes queen sized bed that will hold 3 kids lenghtwize or about 5 if there short and dont mind sleeping across the matress:). As for master I would not go with king sized bed. King bed makes tight spot between bathroom wall and bed. I love the king bed but really wish I had a little more room there in the only tight spot. Also love the closet space in 3585. Tv is mounted very solid with removable strip at top that holds it. You have to remove strip to get off mount. We have no problem at all viewing from anywhere reasonable in coach. One last suggestion, if you are ordering it, get the auto level. It's awsome. Will never have another without it.