Trail-air Center Point--installed corrrectly??

aatauses

Hi everyone who has trail air center point.
I recently had one installed on our BH---when we returned to the rv park I looked at others who had center points. For those who have them I think mine were installed incorrectly. My shackel ends point away from the center point---on others I looked at the shackle ends point toward the center point??
Can you check your and tell me if the ends point toward the certer or away from the center point?? I contacted trail air and since they recently changed shackle, their directions do not cover the "shaped shackle" and they think this is where the rv dealer got confused.
thanks
al

lwmcguir

My shackles are angled towards the spring bolts. This photo shows the banana shape.

Attachments

• Landmark 038.jpg
    Landmark 038.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 77

jpajax

Heres mine. Not to hi jack post but do these springs look flat. Hope this photo helps.

Attachments

• PICT1129.jpg
    PICT1129.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 84

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
After seeing the pics below, I understand your question....yes, mine too are pointed toward the airbags.

And yes, those springs are flat....

aatauses

Thanks everyone,
After looking at your photos with the shackel ends pointing toward the center point, I contacted the rv place that installed ours along with trail air--unfortunately mine are installed incorrectly. However the rv place said they would send a tech out to the park rather than us going in for another day--this does save us packing up everything. For those thinking about a center point system---just make sure the shackle ends point toward the center point!!!
Currenlty in Prosser, WA for the rest of the summer
al

Willym

This is a Trailair Equaflex set up, not Center Point.

Your springs do have a low arch, i.e. flat. This may not be a problem if they started out this way, but if they have gone flat, from an arched shape, in a short time, then they are not up to the job.
Heres mine. Not to hi jack post but do these springs look flat. Hope this photo helps.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Just so everyone understands, I was told by Lippert that each region as well as each installer installs CenterPoint Suspensions their own way. Some install shocks and some don't. The West Coast guy, Julia didnt install shocks in mine, and put the air connection above the axle, not in the storage compartment.

lwmcguir

This is a Trailair Equaflex set up, not Center Point.

Your springs do have a low arch, i.e. flat. This may not be a problem if they started out this way, but if they have gone flat, from an arched shape, in a short time, then they are not up to the job.

Your springs are shot. Better check your deductible and make sure it is low. The loaded springs for your size should have a 1.75 inch arch. Replace them.

wdk450

I thought I would be helpful and look up the Centerpoint installation manual online. Here is the link:
http://www.trailair.com/products/centerpoint/cp_install_guide_sm.pdf
I was surprised to see in their manual pictures and illustrations of STRAIGHT shackles rather than the curved ones that owners, and other places in the Centerpoint webpages illustrate: http://www.trailair.com/products/centerpoint/cphow.php
I couldn't find a "Contact Us" link on the TrailAir website to inform them that their online manual was outdated.