PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Portersville - 6/10/2011 to 6/12/2011

Pages : [1] 2

dieselengineer
09-22-2010, 05:26 PM
184 Badger Hill Road, Portersville, PA 16051
Venue:
------------------------------

Bear Run Campground
184 Badger Hill Road
Portersville, PA 16051

THREE PHASE RALLY
Group Rate: June 10,11,&12 2011 "In order to keep the 2010 prices the CG owner is taking payment for the w/e in full...not just a first night deposit."
Full Hook-up 50 amp (pull-thru) $49.50 per night
Full Hook-up 30 amp $44.10 per night
Water & Electric 35.10 per night

Reservations taken by preferred category
and will be organized by size of participants units regarding actual site placement
in order to best accommodate all group guests and Club members.

Reservation office hours are 9 to 7 daily. (or leave a message) #888-737-2605

Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: no fee, it is free

Details:

Number of sites held: all of them
Site fee: See above
Club Member Event fee: non club member will have a fee of $10 / person
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 6/11/2011
Potluck time: All day, or until the food runs out

Event Leader: dieselengineer(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=426)

Additional Info:
This will be the start of a three phase rally. Yes I said three big and different phases that no other rally has ever seen to date. More on this at a later time. Let just say, Start making plans to have this weekend go into the week of the Great North American International Heartland Owner Rally 2011

The web site http://bearruncampground.com/

dbylinski
09-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Wow! You've got my attention!

f250dieseldad
09-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Jim, This may work for us. About 7 hours from our house.

dieselsweetheart
09-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Haha folks if that doesn't get your attention I don't know what will! I'm not even sure what the dieselengineer has planned haha!!

This is a very preliminary notice. We are going to have details hammered out within a week...but let me say that this owner was a pleasure to talk to over the phone and he will do whatever we need in order for us to have a great rally. I have my wagonmaster in the field...Dan the cableman, meeting with him and tour the site more extensively. Dan was there on Monday and told me that this would be a nice place for a rally. I will post more as I get the details, but I felt very positive after speaking with Todd (owner). I do believe we will be getting a group discount. There are 50 amp full hookup pull-thrus, and 30 amps... plus there are water and electric sites only...but we can all be together in a section of the CG. Also a place for our potluck. For those of you checking out the website, the area we would be in is in the lower left corner of the CG map..

I will post as I know more details. Stay tuned!! I just wanted to give you all a heads-up!

dieselsweetheart
09-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Oh, and from there to Goshen it's about 330 mi. or 6 hours... we can all jump on I-80 and head out.

truknutt
09-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Here's the direct link to their website if you want to place it on the main post of the thread: http://bearruncampground.com/

Flying Dutchman
09-22-2010, 08:02 PM
Oh oh ...... my heart is starting to palpitate, sweaty palms ... I fear another attack of raly-aholic-itis:p. OK, I already posted the dates on the calendar earlier for the PA rally, Goshen makes 2, so I wonder what the third phase is????? Does the dieselengineer accept bribes????:o

jbeletti
09-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Oh oh ...... my heart is starting to palpitate, sweaty palms ... I fear another attack of raly-aholic-itis:p ...

Apply liberal amounts of Windex to the affected area(s) and transport to the rally immediately :)

GarthJ
09-22-2010, 09:01 PM
I have never been to a rally, this one is very close to home. Might be worth seeing what a rally is all about. We have had our sundance 2998RB for 2 years. So I think I will write this one in pencil on the calendar.

jbeletti
09-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Good move Garth. You will not regret going to a PA rally - or any Heartland rally for that matter. Great people, great time, great memories.

Jim

mjatwalker
09-22-2010, 10:59 PM
I have never been to a rally, this one is very close to home. Might be worth seeing what a rally is all about. We have had our sundance 2998RB for 2 years. So I think I will write this one in pencil on the calendar.

Throw away the pencil and take up a permanent ball point pen. If you've never been to a rally you don't know what you are missing. But beware, once you attend a rally you are putting yourself at risk to becoming a raly-aholic.

Cheryl and Jim--good Lord willing and the creek don't rise we'll be there along with our two rally-aholic labs.

dbylinski
09-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Oh oh ...... my heart is starting to palpitate, sweaty palms ... I fear another attack of raly-aholic-itis:p. OK, I already posted the dates on the calendar earlier for the PA rally, Goshen makes 2, so I wonder what the third phase is????? Does the dieselengineer accept bribes????:o

Don't worry yet Eric. I spoke to the experts who claim that it is not a truly serious condition until you are diagnosed with "Rally-holic-itis-ISM" You just need a stready diet of pot luck and rest around a campfire and it should simmer down a bit for ya!. Don't worry because the Eastern Chapter Leaders are all trained and certified to schedule and apply your treatments. We'll take care of ya baby!

dieselsweetheart
09-23-2010, 07:17 AM
Garth if you're penciling in PA you may as well go all the way and convoy out to Goshen/Elkhart with us. How does the promise of a factory tour strike you? How about envisioning every model that Heartland makes on the Elkhart fairgrounds, seminars, touring, shopping in nearby Amish country, food, food, and more food. Oh and yes, don't forget the friendship. When you head out to Goshen you will know the PA gang, when you leave Goshen you will have made many more friends... As Mikey's brother used to say.."Try it, you'll like it!"

kakampers
09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey Cheryl!! I can't believe it...this rally will fit right into our schedule. We have our son's wedding reception in Baltimore on June 4th. We'll be staying at Gettysburg...we can easily head to this rally on our way to Goshen too...PENCIL US IN!!!

We really enjoyed spending the little time we could with everyone at Hershey...this way we can spend alot of time...if you guys will have us...Kathy and Ken

dieselengineer
09-23-2010, 04:47 PM

Eric
All I can say at this time, Goshen is not the second phase. We will have the first ever three phase rally that people will be talking about for years. You may need to pace yourself on this one Eric. Again , I am going for your rally vote.

dieselsweetheart
09-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Ken and Kathy...so glad this works out for your schedule! We'd love to have you!!!

cableman
09-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Cheryl,

I need to send a message but your mailbox is full. can you delete some messages and make some room.

dieselsweetheart
09-23-2010, 06:20 PM
All set Dan!!

dieselsweetheart
09-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Hang in there everyone until I get final information. I can tell you that we have a mix of pull thrus, back-ins, 50 amp, 30 amp, and full hook-ups, water and electric only. I talked to owner Todd today and I can tell you he is excited to host our rally and will do whatever we need done to ensure a great time. Cableman walked the CG yesterday with Todd and took a lot of pictures and although it's an older CG, it seems to have everything we need. It's right next to Moraine State park too...so if you have inflatable boats...I'm sure you can bring 'em!

I will have additional information by next Wednesday so wait until then to call. At that time I will tell you what the rate per night will be, he is working up a price for us since we are a group. I will tell you that he will hold sites until January 15th....at which time he will release them and you will take what you get after that, providing he has sites left. He does have another section in the back that are electric and water only...so if we fill up the front we could move to that back area.

Lucia, hear that???? JANUARY 15th, 2011. That is the cut-off date. LOL Yankin' your chain, sista.

Stay tuned!!! In the meantime, check your schedules to see if you can make it!!

Jim & Harriet
09-26-2010, 09:47 AM
we are looking forward to hearing more about all the phases of this extended rally plan!
should be great fun!

dieselsweetheart
09-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Yes, you know us and the game shows. We're going to work on something fun!

bill40
09-26-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm pretty darn sure the Chevy will make it that far, I'll get John to push on the big hills. Make another pencil mark.

dieselengineer
09-26-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm pretty darn sure the Chevy will make it that far, I'll get John to push on the big hills. Make another pencil mark.

Great to hear. No problem with the Chevy. The dodge has been pulling another Heartland owners campers this week that had TV problems. It surely can help you out also if needed. Let them roll!

truknutt
09-27-2010, 05:07 AM

Been watching Ice Road Truckers...If Lisa can do it, so can we; just have to install one of those nice rubber push bumpers!!! You & Jerry may need neck collars by the time we're through, though!

dieselsweetheart
09-27-2010, 05:36 AM
I like Lisa... we keep thinking it's over for the season...we have one more week yet...I thought last year it was over earlier... then they are in another show....on the 3rd which is Sunday too so maybe back to back.

bill40
09-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Been watching Ice Road Truckers...If Lisa can do it, so can we; just have to install one of those nice rubber push bumpers!!! You & Jerry may need neck collars by the time we're through, though!

If you had too push and Jim had to pull we would not be able to wipe the smiles off your face's for the whole rally. Boy it would make for some great fun around the camp fire.:rolleyes:

truknutt
09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
HAHA!! That's for sure!

dieselsweetheart
10-07-2010, 09:16 AM
I will have DH put the phone number in the first post....but go ahead and start calling to make reservations....

(724) 368-3564

I will have DH post all that info in the front post...but for those who know you are going...you may now call~

Thanks!

dieselsweetheart
10-07-2010, 09:19 AM
http://bearruncampground.com/

dieselsweetheart
10-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Bear Run Campground
Group Rate: June 10,11,&12 2011
Full Hook-up 50 amp (pull-thru) $49.50 per night
Full Hook-up 30 amp $44.10 per night
Water & Electric 35.10 per night

Reservations taken by preferred category
and will be organized by size of participants units regarding actual site placement
in order to best accommodate all group guests and Club members.

Reservation office hours are 9 to 7 daily. (or leave a message)

The above info is from the owner. Book ASAP. Thanks.... we will also put this info on front thread....DH is busy at camp!!!

JWalker
10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
DONE....can't wait.

dieselengineer
10-11-2010, 02:57 PM
The First post of this thread has been updated with the sign up information.

Remember, this is the first of a THREE PHASE RALLY. You must attend the first phase in order to be included in the next two phases!

Jim & Harriet
10-12-2010, 02:22 PM
if possible can you list the three phases? We would love to be part of the entire
PA rally extravaganza but just not sure if there are enough vacation days is the
year to cover all the scheduled events! If we cannot attend all three is it possible
to still be part of the Eastern Heartland group at the national rally in Indianna?

dieselengineer
10-12-2010, 02:57 PM
if possible can you list the three phases? We would love to be part of the entire
PA rally extravaganza but just not sure if there are enough vacation days is the
year to cover all the scheduled events! If we cannot attend all three is it possible
to still be part of the Eastern Heartland group at the national rally in Indianna?

The phases are all part of the 6/12/2011 week, starting with PA rally scheduled for 6/10/2011 to 6/12/2011

Freckles
10-12-2010, 06:07 PM
We have booked our spot !! We will be coming in on Friday 10th and leaving for Goshen on Sunday the 12th !! Looking forward to all phases !!

loafer
10-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey Cheryl
Your leg must be better because you are dancing up a storm setting up all these rally non -rallies out east .
Can we recruit you to set up a few rallies out here on the west coast for us.
Anyway glad to see you feeling better and carry on doin your thing .Wish we were closer and able to attend.
Best regards and have fun
Bill

mrmagoo
10-13-2010, 04:28 AM
We have our spot reserved... planning to come in on Friday and leave with the crew to head for Goshen on Sunday...

dieselsweetheart
10-13-2010, 05:25 AM
hi Bill Loafer....that's me...Miss Social. Love to plan those events!!! And I'm not even retired! Can you imagine when THAT happens??

dieselsweetheart
10-13-2010, 05:25 AM
Don and Betty!! Welcome to the PA rally!!

Freckles
10-13-2010, 08:02 AM
We have our spot reserved... planning to come in on Friday and leave with the crew to head for Goshen on Sunday...

Hey Don,

You can count on me to "break wind" agian for you to Goshen !!! LOL

mrmagoo
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey Don,

You can count on me to "break wind" agian for you to Goshen !!! LOL

NO MORE chili for you!!! ROFL

Looking forward to the trip! Only 8 months away.

mjatwalker
10-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Called CG this morning and made reservation, We will be on site C-24 coming in friday then on to Goshen.

truknutt
10-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Interesting, we made reservations the other evening and were told that the owner wouldn't assign sites until after they close at the end of October.

dbylinski
10-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Seems to be a trend Dave! Sea Pirate for NJ had a similar plan!

JWalker
10-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Interesting, we made reservations the other evening and were told that the owner wouldn't assign sites until after they close at the end of October.

We were told the same.

dieselsweetheart
10-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Maybe Mike has made so many reservations he is confused. Ya the owner told me he wouldn't assign sites until he had us all in. Maybe Mike talked to someone who didn't know not to assign sites yet....? Ya know one reservation is much like another!!!! Rally on!

mjatwalker
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM
No confusion here, They booked us gave a site number and took payment in full.

dieselsweetheart
10-17-2010, 06:25 PM
We need to book too yet....see if they give us a #.

truknutt
10-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Engineer's been giving us all this pressure about the "3 phase rally" and how we better hurry up and register; now we find out y'all haven't booked yet?!!! Geesh!!!

dieselsweetheart
10-18-2010, 04:03 PM
LOL Ma's waiting for payday! They are few and far between!!! I will have my site booked on Friday!!!

dklaw
10-21-2010, 08:19 PM
The First post of this thread has been updated with the sign up information.

Remember, this is the first of a THREE PHASE RALLY. You must attend the first phase in order to be included in the next two phases!

We are not planning (right now anyway) on coming to your PA rally, but do plan on attending the National Rally in Indiana and arriving about Monday morning. Hope we can camp near all you others coming from PA. I wonder if this is possible! We have such a good time with you all.

dieselsweetheart
10-24-2010, 03:44 PM
DK I don't remember who you are...you should add info to your signature...cause I'm sure I should know who you are!! Are you a member of the owner's club? If not, join!
When you make your Goshen reservations tell Jim B you'd like to be in our group of people!!

dieselsweetheart
10-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Ok folks...I just clarified something with the owner because I got caught off guard when making my reservation. In order to keep the 2010 prices he is taking payment for the w/e in full...not just a first night deposit. He failed to mention that to me and I failed to ask...I'm just assuming it would just be a FN deposit but we need to pay up front both nights. That's ok I guess...I was just caught off guard.

OK. I'll have DH put that in the first post too.

We are reserved!!! Now the rest of you get going!!!

dieselsweetheart
10-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Just a reminder. January 15th the sites will be released to the general public!!!

truknutt
10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Ok folks...I just clarified something with the owner because I got caught off guard when making my reservation. In order to keep the 2010 prices he is taking payment for the w/e in full...not just a first night deposit. He failed to mention that to me and I failed to ask...I'm just assuming it would just be a FN deposit but we need to pay up front both nights. That's ok I guess...I was just caught off guard.

OK. I'll have DH put that in the first post too.

We are reserved!!! Now the rest of you get going!!!

Whew!! Apparently we paid for the 2 nights, DW is on the ball!! (We'll just keep that to ourselves.)

dklaw
10-26-2010, 10:57 AM
DK I don't remember who you are...you should add info to your signature...cause I'm sure I should know who you are!! Are you a member of the owner's club? If not, join!
When you make your Goshen reservations tell Jim B you'd like to be in our group of people!!

OK, thanks for the info. We are one of the new members (Don & Karen) that joined at the NY rally last August at Turning Stone. I talked to you quite a bit that weekend. Sorry I haven't put enough info in our signature. Will have to change it. Enjoyed that rally so much, and looking forward to the National one in June and the second NY rally in October. Also, do we have to make our reservation thru Jim B on January 1, 2011 for the Goshen rally or call the fairgrounds to do that? Just checking to be sure ahead of time. Thanks for everything.

dieselsweetheart
10-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Oh ya hi Don and Karen! Yes, Jim B will post when you can let him know about Goshen. He plans to open it up first to folks who went last year to re-claim their sites (I haven't a clue what my site # was)...and then he opens it up to members, then to owners who aren't members. So watch for his posting Jan 1 and book through him.

dieselsweetheart
10-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Ok, Trukie...I think that makes 4 of us signed up so far. Need to get the rest of the folks on the ball! Daylight's burnin' !

truknutt
10-27-2010, 04:45 AM
Oh ya hi Don and Karen! Yes, Jim B will post when you can let him know about Goshen. He plans to open it up first to folks who went last year to re-claim their sites (I haven't a clue what my site # was)...and then he opens it up to members, then to owners who aren't members. So watch for his posting Jan 1 and book through him.

According to my records, you were in site # 407.

dieselsweetheart
10-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Good grief Dave, were you taking roll call at Goshen? How do you remember what site I was on? Ok, how's this. What site was JB on??? Ha. Betcha don't know that one. Anyway, I want to be right next to you next time. I just love the smell of frying bacon in the morning!

katkens-DW
10-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Cheryl, We were in site 424 and Jim was 2 sites down from us. We have been in the same site for the last two years.

dieselsweetheart
10-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Now Ken and Kathy don't be helping the Truknutt out.

truknutt
10-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Good grief Dave, were you taking roll call at Goshen? How do you remember what site I was on? Ok, how's this. What site was JB on??? Ha. Betcha don't know that one. Anyway, I want to be right next to you next time. I just love the smell of frying bacon in the morning!

I'll PM you and then you'll know how I can remember.

Admin note: Follow this link and click on Smart Link in post 1 to download PDF of 2009 rally site assignments (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/8629-Rally-Attendee-List-Site-Assignments-and-Maps).

DanDargay
10-27-2010, 07:37 PM
This looks like is going to be a great time. We have our BC since 10/31/2009 and have not been able to attend any Heartland Rallys because of other commitments the same weekends. Looking forward to this one. Wondering what the " 3 Phase " means before we reserve.

dieselsweetheart
10-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Ha Dan...I'M wondering what the phase 3 means too!!! Don't hesitate! It will be fun!!! Reserve your PA site today!! (or tomorrow)...(or you can wait till January 14th)...but BOOK!!

:-)

boatto5er
10-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Ha Dan...I'M wondering what the phase 3 means too!!! Don't hesitate! It will be fun!!! Reserve your PA site today!! (or tomorrow)...(or you can wait till January 14th)...but BOOK!!

:-)

I'm guessing Jim H. is referring to being able to go to the PA rally one weekend, then the national rally the next, then ?????? (still trying to figure out the third).

dieselsweetheart
10-29-2010, 05:50 AM
He's planning something during the convoy in to Goshen... I think that's Phase 2.

truknutt
10-30-2010, 08:10 AM
Like a Chinese fire drill???

JWalker
10-30-2010, 01:06 PM
He's planning something during the convoy in to Goshen... I think that's Phase 2.

He's dragging this out worse that they do when voting someone off of American Idol.

Jamie

dieselsweetheart
11-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Hey folks we are down to 8 weeks left to book before the sites are turned back in to the public! Haven't heard from many of you previous PA rally folks...time to get a-movin'!
Book now!!! Put it on your to-do list this week!

Jim & Harriet
11-14-2010, 04:22 PM
hi Cheryl,
just so you will know for sure - we will not be able to attend this PA rally. got a family
reunion the following week and so we have to skip Indiana this year too :-(
I know ya'll will have a great time!

dieselsweetheart
11-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Yep, I do remember you telling me that. Did you guys check out Pine Grove??

jayc
11-14-2010, 11:40 PM
We'd love to come to the rally. We're planning to show some friends around the Elkhart area in May and if all goes well with our other plans, we'll be free to come to the rally. We'll just zip over for the rally, then travel back to Goshen with your group for the big rally.

I'll make our reservations with the park on Monday.

dieselsweetheart
11-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Jay, that's great!!! We'd love to have you!!! Just let me know when you get your reservation! Thanks!

dieselsweetheart
11-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Recently at a chapter leaders meeting held in Pa, it was decided that in the true spirit of caring about the community in which we rally...we are going to give back to that community from the Heartland family. I have been in touch with Dan, (cableman) who lives in the area of our PA rally for 2011. We are going to be giving back to the local food bank. Also, Dan has been in touch with a pastor of the church that supports the food bank. He will gladly come over to the campground to have a 0900 service for us on Sunday before we leave for Goshen. I think this is a wonderful idea. Stay tuned for more details as I know them.

Thanks!

jbeletti
11-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Good stuff Cheryl!

Jim

dbylinski
11-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Very cool my friend! Love every bit of it! We should know next week if this will be doable for us and we'll let you know.

jayc
11-18-2010, 04:03 PM
We are down to arrive on Thursday the 9th in a pull thru 50 amp site. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

JWalker
11-18-2010, 06:37 PM
So, what is everyone doing between the PA rally and Goshen? Are you going straight there or stopping over in Ohio somewhere? Maybe this is part of the mysterious "Second Phase" I keep hearing about. We are game for anything. The Heartland is put away for the winter and I have a new tow vehicle that I never towed a thing with.:mad: It's going to be a loooong winter.

Thanks
Jamie

dieselsweetheart
11-18-2010, 06:51 PM
The stopover is just going to be at a rest stop....and then phase 2. We are planning to arrive in Goshen on Sunday afternoon....

dieselsweetheart
12-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Just heard from my "agent in the field" cableman and he said the name of the food pantry is Portersville Food Pantry...aptly named I guess! Will be in touch with them as time gets closer to our arrival to see what their needs are at that time.

Thanks everyone....

Happy Holidays!!!!!! Remember to book your site before time gets away from you!!!!

f250dieseldad
12-17-2010, 04:30 AM
Cheryl, I left a message with the campground. They didn't call back but I know they are closed for the season. Just to let you know we will be there. We will arrive on Friday and depart with the group for Goshen on Sunday. I will call them again this weekend.

truknutt
12-17-2010, 06:08 AM
Wow, what a convoy this'll be what with all the new rigs and new TVs! Might have to add a new decal to the back door of the Cyclone just so I can fit in with this crowd!!

JWalker
12-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Wow, what a convoy this'll be what with all the new rigs and new TVs! Might have to add a new decal to the back door of the Cyclone just so I can fit in with this crowd!!

How many are plannig to be in this convoy? That will be an awesome sight running down I 80. Maybe we should get jackets made and form a gang. Count us in

kakampers
12-17-2010, 09:05 AM
We plan on being there too Cheryl...trying to get hold of the campground to make a reservation...we'll keep on it until we do..see you then!!

dieselsweetheart
12-17-2010, 10:39 PM
Great news Ken and Kathy!! Ya, keep trying!

dieselsweetheart
12-18-2010, 10:10 PM
I emailed Todd at the campground and told him to please check his messages as I have people waiting to sign up. Hopefully he'll check his email in the next day or so and get back to everyone. It's just the season...no one working at the CG but he still should be picking up phone messages. Thanks for being patient!!

kakampers
12-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Got a call back from the campground today, we're registered and will be there on the 9th....can't wait to see what phaseII and III are all about...the suspense is killing us...LOL!!

f250dieseldad
12-19-2010, 05:51 AM
Cheryl I was able to make my reservation yesterday.

dieselsweetheart
12-19-2010, 10:04 AM
That's great you were able to get your reservation squared away!! For all those others who are future callers, let me know if you are having to wait for a call back...I now have a personal cell phone # I can call.

Merry Christmas everyone!! And a brand new 2011 full of rally plans!!!

Flying Dutchman
12-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi Cheryl, just left a message with Bear Run Campground to make reservations. We plan top arrive Friday 6/10, and will leave with the convoy to Goshen on Sunday. I hope I get a call back soon to confirm the reservations. I will let you know.
Merry Christmas.

jnbhobe
12-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Howdy Cheryl; I have a call in at the campground for reservations. We will come in on Thursday and leave early on Sunday. Just waiting for a return call.

dieselsweetheart
12-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Great Eric and Jon!!! Happy to have the both of you (well the 4 of you!!!!)....hang in there....Todd returned some calls already. Let me know if you don't hear back from him this week and I will drop him another email.

For those of you perusing this thread....have you made your Goshen reservations yet??? Better get movin!! I didn't know JB was going to open the reservation line this early!!! I see there are 20 sites left. Wow, everyone must've been like piranhas out there!!!

truknutt
12-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Great Eric and Jon!!! Happy to have the both of you (well the 4 of you!!!!)....hang in there....Todd returned some calls already. Let me know if you don't hear back from him this week and I will drop him another email.

For those of you perusing this thread....have you made your Goshen reservations yet??? Better get movin!! I didn't know JB was going to open the reservation line this early!!! I see there are 20 sites left. Wow, everyone must've been like piranhas out there!!!

Well you Chapter Leaders have done such a good job promoting this Rally as the ONE to attend above all others. No pressure Jim B. but, it better be a rally to remember.

dieselsweetheart
12-21-2010, 04:36 PM
I think the reason the Goshen rally is so good is because of the factory tour, meeting the Heartland crew....we met the CEO... had a great round table discussion (and catered lunch)....plus the huge dinner at the Blue Gate.... and the fact that there are sooooooooooooooooooooo many people...and we all have something in common...all Heartland owners and really enjoying our rigs...and the friendships we have made and continue to make. I think that's the heart of the matter...

dieselsweetheart
12-21-2010, 05:07 PM
I just spoke with Todd, the CG owner. He will go to the office tomorrow and check messages and get back to everyone who has a new message left on the machine. Being that he isn't in the office all the time...he isn't getting back as often as he would in the summer...but he understands we have folks anxious to book so he will keep closer tabs on the voice mails... so...there is still time to book!!! Just leave a message and someone will give you a call back!!

Flying Dutchman
12-22-2010, 09:26 PM
OK, we are set, arriving Friday 6/10 and leaving with the convoy Sunday to Goshen. Talked with Sarah, tentatively on site #A10 but advised that may change. We should however be in row A.

JWalker
12-23-2010, 06:38 AM
OK, we are set, arriving Friday 6/10 and leaving with the convoy Sunday to Goshen. Talked with Sarah, tentatively on site #A10 but advised that may change. We should however be in row A.

When did they start to assign site #s, Hey Cheryl, should we call back and try to see where we are going to be located? We made reservations back in Oct. maybe things have changed.

Jamie

jnbhobe
12-23-2010, 06:57 AM

Same thing here, I think she told me A-8. We stayed there a few years ago, I know things were tight we used two sites but it was in the fall.We will get there Thursday night.

dieselsweetheart
12-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Todd had told me he wasn't going to assign sites just yet in case he had to make some changes because of rig size. I think it's Sarah assigning sites and not sure he wanted her to. I will drop him a note after Christmas and ask him. I know he told me he wasn't going to assign and that's why some of us aren't. Don't worry about it...I will take care of it. I will post an answer when I get one!

Merry Christmas!!!

cjhicks
12-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Merry Christmas Cheryl, Talked to Sarah today and we will be ariving on the 10th and on to Goshen on the 12th. Said that we would be on site B24 but that could be subject to change by Todd.:)

dieselsweetheart
12-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi Calvin and Judy! Happy to have you!!! Happy Holidays!! Hope you didn't get too much snow from the latest storm!! Glad you can join us!!!

dbylinski
01-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Cheryl,

Did you notice you will have a "full force" of Heartland Ambassadors in PA. Very cool!

dieselsweetheart
01-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Yes, that's amazing! And gonna be lots of fun!!!

seamo
01-08-2011, 06:16 AM
Hi Put us down-we are coming to the PA rally. I called the CG and left a message. June will be here before we know it.

dieselsweetheart
01-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Bob and Christina! Happy to have you! Because this rally is just ahead of Goshen, we are getting to see a lot of new people...which means "new friends." And I see you have a Grand Canyon...awesome! I love that model! You should hear back from the CG this week.... thanks!!

dieselsweetheart
01-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Just a gentle "shove" to get crankin' if you haven't yet made your PA reservation! We have made YouTube so you KNOW you want to be rally-ing with us! Call today...well, it's night time now...you can call in the morning! But don't hesitate!!! He who hesitates (as we all know) ends up in the horse field! (not that there's anything WRONG with that..hehe)

dieselsweetheart
01-11-2011, 07:46 PM
I have put together the list of attendees for the PA rally. Here is the first draft. Remember, if you haven't called the CG yet, you'd better! What are ya waiting for?

Jim and Cheryl Horst (of course we're gonna be first), PA dieselengineer/dieselsweetheart Big Horn

Dave and Nona Gruner, PA, truknutt Cyclone

Jon and Patty Holbert, PA, jnphobe Big Horn

Jamie, Ginger and Madison Walker, PA, JWalker, North Trail

Ken and Kathy Adams, SD, kakampers, Bighorn

John and Debbie Bylinski, NJ, dbylinski, f250dieseldad, Bighorn (on order!)

Jay and Stella Coffman, TX, jayc, Bighorn

Bob and Christina Seaman, TX, seamo, Landmark

Eric and Dorothy van Opstal, Va, Flying Dutchman, Big Country

Greg and Beth Dean, NY, Freckles, Sundance

Don and Betty McGlynn, NY, mrmagoo, Bighorn

Ann and Mike Walker, MD, mjatwalker, Bighorn

Calvin and Judy Hicks, MD, cjhicks, Landmark

Did I miss anyone? If I left you off the list, let me know!!!

cjhicks
01-12-2011, 12:20 AM
:confused:Hey Cheryl, Did we win the Grand Prize of a new Landmark, if not we will be there with our Bighorn.

dbylinski
01-12-2011, 02:46 AM
:confused:Hey Cheryl, Did we win the Grand Prize of a new Landmark, if not we will be there with our Bighorn.

Hey Calvin will Judy be bringing Mama along? Congratulations! LANDMARK looks very good behind your name! Go for it!

cjhicks
01-12-2011, 10:45 AM
If not Mama , I am sure that it will one of her cousins !!!
Hey Calvin will Judy be bringing Mama along? Congratulations! LANDMARK looks very good behind your name! Go for it!

dbylinski
01-12-2011, 10:51 AM
If not Mama , I am sure that it will one of her cousins !!!

Cool I'd love to meet the family!

gschaaf
01-12-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi Cheryl we called the cg to make our reservation but they haven't called back yet. We'll keep trying don't count us out. See ya soon

Glenn and Fran
#HOC 1536

jnbhobe
01-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Glenn; I have the owners cell # if you need it, I seen them at the Pittsburg show last sunday.

gschaaf
01-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks John I'll get it when I get back I'm heading down to VA to go fishing tonight. See ya soon.

Glenn

dieselsweetheart
01-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Glenn not a problem! I had called to give them a new credit card # and they haven't called me back either! They will! I'll put you on the list!!!

And Calvin....ya, you know who won the Grand Prize...JB that's who! He'll have it at Goshen!

dieselsweetheart
01-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Oh, and hey guys...I really need y'all rootin' for the Steelers this w/e. Sat @ 4:30 pm. Official football team of the PA Chapter of the Heartland Owners club...

jnbhobe
01-13-2011, 08:07 PM
:confused::confused:
Oh, and hey guys...I really need y'all rootin' for the Steelers this w/e. Sat @ 4:30 pm. Official football team of the PA Chapter of the Heartland Owners club...

:confused::rolleyes::confused: Is this the OBLONG BALL we're talking about ???:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

kakampers
01-13-2011, 08:44 PM

Sorry, no can do...you do know we're from Baltimore, right??? :cool:

dbylinski
01-14-2011, 03:48 AM
:confused::confused:

:confused::rolleyes::confused: Is this the OBLONG BALL we're talking about ???:rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

Jon, In today's terminology OBLONG is LANDSCAPE! Ain't that right JB?

Cheryl, I'm not much of a football fan but since you're begging...Go Steelers! I'm with ya GF, well kinda until Mike & Ann hit me with their best shot. Then it would have to be...Go Ravens! Either one is ok with me. I look at it this way. Shortly after football season ends, camping season begins! Yeah!

truknutt
01-14-2011, 05:57 AM
oh, and hey guys...i really need y'all rootin' for the steelers this w/e. Sat @ 4:30 pm. Official football team of the pa chapter of the heartland owners club...

go panthers!!!

dieselsweetheart
01-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Ya..we'll see the Panthers go. Ravens will fall out of the sky too...bring your umbrellas.

cableman
01-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Go steelers!!!!!

truknutt
01-15-2011, 07:53 AM
go panthers!!!

First Round Draft Pick, First Round Draft Pick, GOOOO TEAM!!!

dieselsweetheart
01-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Oh my...what a game. Your leader's heart rate still hasn't returned to normal. Sorry Ken and Kathy...but thanks for a great game. The only way I could tell that wasn't a super bowl game was there were no great commercials. Otherwise, it sure was super bowl quality. Don't know what happened to the steel curtain the first half, but I think they got a good ol' fashioned a** whoopin' by Mr. Tomlin during the break...

Now, let's root for the Jets! A Jets win means we will play them on our home turf.

kakampers
01-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Although the Ravens are a great football team...they are prone to "shooting themselves in the foot" with penalties, etc....have to agree that was one nail-biting football game...there's always next year!!!

truknutt
01-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Oh my...what a game. Your leader's heart rate still hasn't returned to normal. Sorry Ken and Kathy...but thanks for a great game. The only way I could tell that wasn't a super bowl game was there were no great commercials. Otherwise, it sure was super bowl quality. Don't know what happened to the steel curtain the first half, but I think they got a good ol' fashioned a** whoopin' by Mr. Tomlin during the break...

Now, let's root for the Jets! A Jets win means we will play them on our home turf.

So now I guess you're happy until next weekend...

gschaaf
01-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi Cheryl just got back from VA I finally got a hold of the cg so Fran and I are booked. See ya soon.

Glenn and Fran

dieselsweetheart
01-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Yay Glenn and Fran...yes I talked to Sarah yesterday too and she said she had talked to you!! It's all coming together. I think we are up to 14 attendees now.

Dave, yes...Sunday you know where I will be...in front of the TV rooting for the PA team!!! Here we go Steelers, here we go!!

f250dieseldad
01-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Cheryl, We finally got our confirmation email. We are in site # C18. Can't wait. Now all we need is a camper.

truknutt
01-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Cheryl, We finally got our confirmation email. We are in site # C18. Can't wait. Now all we need is a camper.

Don't worry John; we have a HUGE 2nd bedroom with an air bed, just in case!!

dieselsweetheart
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Well Debbie already has said she's not interested in bunking with me so she'd better have that new BH by then! Oh, and BTW... Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!!

szewczyk_john
01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm a new member and have not yet picked up my new toy yet but I was wondering, since I do not live far from this campground can I just stop in one day for some events and then drive home (with out our unit) is that ok? We are going to the National rally. Just a caution, They get a lot of winds being up on the top of a hill. Be careful which way you awnings are set up, I know 2 RVers that lost canopies when they left their units unattended with the canopy out.

truknutt
01-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Talked to the CG today after a month of phone tag and were confirmed for Site B-18.

dieselsweetheart
01-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi John and welcome to the Heartland family! Of course you may join us!! We'd love to have you. Where do you live...Cableman lives in that area too so he will also be stopping in for the festivities but not actually camping. Thanks for the wind warning! Nice to hear you are able to go to Goshen. You can covoy in with us!

dieselsweetheart
01-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Ok, I got a message from the CG owner but not really an answer to my question as to why some folks are assigned a site and some are not. So...if you did not get assigned a site yet, please let me know. I will email him with your names and have him assign you a site.

kakampers
01-26-2011, 10:09 PM
OK...we're registered but no site assignment...?? As long as we have a site, I'm fine...

dieselsweetheart
01-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Ok K & K...I will work on that!

dieselsweetheart
01-29-2011, 05:17 PM
We are up to 14 rigs and I have a handful of people not assigned sites. I am working on that. Anybody else? For those of you who live close and don't want to camp but are going to spend the time with us...I'll need to know a head count for the potluck... so let me know...Dan I know you are one...

dieselsweetheart
01-30-2011, 08:29 PM
We have another member joining us in PA on the road to Goshen. Hank Vogt is from Somerset and I found his email in our chapter leaders email... so Jamie, there are 2 of you attending from Somerset! Now we are up to 15 rigs!

dieselsweetheart
02-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Now ya'll know to be rooting for the Steelers for the Super Bowl, right??? Right? RIGHT!!!!!!?????????????????????? Let's just say that I'll be VERY HAPPY on Sunday after a Steeler win!!!!

dieselsweetheart
02-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Here we go steelers, here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JWalker
02-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Hey Cheryl.....are you still alive after that Super Bowl:(. Just wanted to see if you heard back about our site number. Thanks alot.

dieselsweetheart
02-16-2011, 09:11 AM
I am still alive and finally put away my "mourning" clothes. Have not heard back from him. I will call him next.

dieselsweetheart
02-16-2011, 09:26 AM
I just spoke with Todd and told him I emailed him on Jan 27th with requests for sites...not really on the ball this guy...don't know if it's just because it's winter...I hope so.... but I re-sent the list of folks not assigned sites and I anticipate him getting back to me later today.

Jamie
Glenn and Fran
Ken and Kathy
Hank
Greg Dean

anybody else???

dieselsweetheart
02-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Roster!

Just received the entire roster for attendees:

A-10 VANOSTORL PAID 2NIGHTS
A-12 KRAUS $148.50 3NIGHTS
A-06 WILLIAMS PAID 3NIGHTS
A-14 COFFMAN $148.50 3NIGHTS
A-08 HOLBERT $148.50 3NIGHTS
A-16 ADAMS $99.00 3NIGHTS
C-24 WALKER PAID 2NIGHTS
B-24 HICKS PAID 2NIGHTS
C-20 SCHAAF PAID 2NIGHTS
B-20 HORST PAID 2NIGHTS*
B-22 VOGT PAID 3NIGHTS
C-22 GINN PAID 2NIGHTS
C-18 BYLINSKI PAID 2NIGHTS
B-18 GRUNER PAID 2NIGHTS

dieselsweetheart
02-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Ok so help me out guys cause my list doesn't exactly match...so everybody pay attention. Dorothy and Eric, your name is first (doesn't look like you, but it is).

Who is Williams? Who is Krause? It doesn't help that I don't have first names and I know some people reserved without letting me know.

I seem to be missing some people off their list but not to worry, I'll get it straightened out. Don and Betty, Bob and Christina, and Greg and Beth.

Hang in there...such is the problem of dealing with a CG that isn't manned very well in the off season.

I'll be in touch!!!

Any other discrepancies you can see in the list?

Flying Dutchman
02-18-2011, 06:15 AM
Glad you recognized my name, pretty weird as they charged my credit card correctly:confused:. Guess I have been called worse names than that in the past:(.

dieselsweetheart
02-18-2011, 06:42 AM
Now you know when it comes to payment they aren't going to miss a thing!!!!

JWalker
02-18-2011, 06:55 AM
You are missing the Walkers on your roster. You have a Walker on C24, but I think it is Mike and Ann Walker from Md. The way it is looking, we will have to stay at the local Wal-Mart for the weekend. So much for booking early, it didn't seem to help.

truknutt
02-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Where's that PA grit & determination? You march right on into that office and slam your fist on the desk and demand a slot! Of course it will help when you have that gallon of ice cream dripping all over their reservation sheet!!! :rolleyes: :p

dieselsweetheart
02-18-2011, 07:27 PM
OMG you know it is bad when you have to have your brother chapter leader look at the roster with you!!!

dieselsweetheart
02-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Ok, here is the latest. I just got off the phone with Sarah and I expressed my dismay at what appears to be shoddy management. She agreed that better records should have been kept... she is a new employee but I think she has better organizational skills. Good thing you guys keep your registration #s and charge card info. Seems the fall people (Dean, McGlynn, and Jamie Walker) reservations were taken by either the owner, his brother, or someone named Liz..who no longer works there). So.... each of you should call back to the CG just to make sure you are squared away. Sarah thinks that Todd, the owner, may know about you guys but you aren't in the system.

Try to call today! Sarah is in the office today till early afternoon. Tomorrow, the owner will be in the office (or his brother who works for him)... Sarah works Tues/Thurs/Sat.

She assures me that all will be straightened out. (It'd better be!) There are plenty of sites...so not to worry....

Let me know here in the thread what happens. I have 2 attendees who signed up on their own and did not tell me....VERY WELCOME to the rally but confusing as heck for me!!!

Thanks!!!

dieselsweetheart
02-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Just got a call back from Sarah after she talked to Todd. They had a "glitch" in their system at the end of last season. So...you 3 need to call them back asap. Dean, McGlynn, and Jamie Walker.

Thanks! We did get Christina and Bob Seaman booked. They will be in B16.

I will post updated roster as soon as I hear you guys are settled.

mrmagoo
02-19-2011, 01:47 PM
I called the CG earlier today (around 11:30 AM) and had to leave a msg... I figured I'd hear back soon... I have tried a couple times since... still no answer, and now the answering machine has a response stating that the message memory is full... UGH

FYI... we did find in our credit card history that we were charged by them on Oct 13. As I recall, we were not assigned any site then, and I never received any confirmation... (guess that should have set off some sirens)

I guess being in the office until early afternoon must be different in western PA than here in central NY...

Hope we get past this soon.

Just to be sure, we should be calling the 888-737-2605 correct?

jnbhobe
02-19-2011, 02:39 PM
Sorry to see so many people with reservation problems. I'm not sure if this will help or not but when we were at the Pittsburgh show they gave me this number, it is the owners cell number. Keith Wher # 724-679-1111

dbylinski
02-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I feel for ya sista but keep the faith. It will all work out and we'll be sitting around your campfire in no time! I thought this stuff was a Jersey thing but it's on the other side of the river too!

dieselsweetheart
02-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Don and Betty that is the toll free number but this one works too.... 724-368-3564 In fact, give that one a try tomorrow. Maybe it's their 800# that's full of messages..if there's a difference.

cableman
02-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Sorry everybody for the confusion, When we were there they seemed to be pretty organized. They were not real busy at the time and that may be why. We will be leaving tomorrow for florida. Fun in the sun and try to thaw out my bones for a week or so. When we get back I will try to stop in over there and see what the problem is.

dieselsweetheart
02-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Lucky you going to Florida!!!! What part??? Oh I hope to have this confusion cleared up LONG before you get back... I'm making progress though...only need to confirm 3 rigs now instead of wondering who 2 were and 4 confirmations!! But you know when someone says she is going to be there till "early afternoon"...I didn't think she meant until 11:30 am. It'll be fine...everyone has their Visa statements so we're good...not to worry! I am actually headed to Pgh the first w/e of June so I may pay a visit....

Dan, when you get back, can you get me a mission statement for the church in relation to the food pantry. I want to include it in my information for everyone. Just PM me when you can...no rush. Have a great trip!!

cableman
02-19-2011, 10:12 PM
We will be staying in Fort Meyers beach. I can contact the church when we get back and get some more info for you. Looing forward to some warm weather and some relaxation without my snow shovel. My father in law is there and said it will be in the 80's all week.

mrmagoo
02-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Don and Betty that is the toll free number but this one works too.... 724-368-3564 In fact, give that one a try tomorrow. Maybe it's their 800# that's full of messages..if there's a difference.

Same result with that number... obviously they haven't been there because the message memory is still full.

Or maybe that is their way to stop us from harassing them...

dieselsweetheart
02-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Ok, then you all may as well wait until Tuesday when Sarah is back...try to call her during the day...OR after 4p...she called me last Thursday after 4p so not sure if that was her starting time or not.

We were at the Timonium RV show today and I think I may have found our CG for the PA rally '12. Talked to the owner....rally friendly...on the Juniata River up near State College. I'm excited to find out more about it!!

dbylinski
02-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Wow, how far is State College from where we go in Pine Grove?

boatto5er
02-20-2011, 08:02 PM
Oh, as it's said in the south, just a "hoot and a holler".

JWalker
02-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Wow, how far is State College from where we go in Pine Grove?

State College is just about in the center of the state. Perfect for a PA rally.

dieselsweetheart
02-20-2011, 09:34 PM
It's in a different direction....check out 322N to State College...it's off the Lewistown exit.... about an hour from Hbg I think...

jnbhobe
02-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Its farther for me than you Deb and I live in PA. LOL

dbylinski
02-21-2011, 04:10 AM
Its farther for me than you Deb and I live in PA. LOL

Sounds very doable! Thanks John.

Cheryl you would be so lucky if you can pin down a 2012 rally site this soon! You go girl!

dieselsweetheart
02-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah meeting this guy at the show was a great moment cause I have never heard of this place...but Terry and Jim Ginn did....they also have riverboat rides...and it looks like a big boat...so maybe party on the boat!!

dieselsweetheart
02-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Jon it can't be any farther for you than Pine Grove was!

dieselsweetheart
02-21-2011, 01:53 PM
I got an email that this thread was hard to find in the forum....so I will also post it here. That way it won't disappear, it will stay in this section...

Hello ladies!

I am asking a favor from all of the Heartland ladies who love to crochet or knit (or both!).
As babies are near and dear to my heart, I would love to add an item to our offering to the community of Goshen/Elkhart. We are collecting food pantry items, but I would also love to offer something to the new moms and babies of the area who maybe do not have a lot of resources...in the form of warmth and comfort... baby blankets, hats, booties. The Indiana winters are harsh as we have all heard this year (and many experienced!)

I know many of us love to crochet just for fun and to keep busy with a project. There are many knitting clubs out there who donate blankets to local hospitals for the new babies and especially for the preemies in the NICU (I am a long time NICU nurse)...so....

Could I ask each of you crafters to donate a homemade blanket..or perhaps a blanket with matching hat and booties if you are talented to do the hat and booties (I can only make blankets).

I don't know how many of you crochet but I bet a good many. Could I set a goal of 50 blankets?

Many thanks! I know each will be made with love. In fact, the name of this project will be "Babies Wrapped in Love."

dieselsweetheart
02-21-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't mean to exclude all you crafty guys...actually, there is a guy on YouTube who teaches crochet! I was watching him the other night while trying to remember how to make a granny square...

jnbhobe
02-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Jon it can't be any farther for you than Pine Grove was!

Cheryl; I was harrasing Debbie. State College is about 4 1/2 hr for me, Not bad its closer than Pinegrove. Although I was coming from Newburgh, NY when we went to Pinegrove.

dieselsweetheart
02-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Oh ya...I thought you'd be happy...we would be a bit closer for you.... PA is such a big state! That's assuming we choose this place but it sounds nice with great photos and Jim and I will head up in early fall to check it out!

dbylinski
02-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Cheryl; I was harrasing Debbie. State College is about 4 1/2 hr for me, Not bad its closer than Pinegrove. Although I was coming from Newburgh, NY when we went to Pinegrove.

Jon I must be getting used to the harrassment! I didn't even notice but I'm awake now buddy! Hug Patti for me and pray for spring.

mrmagoo
02-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Same result with that number... obviously they haven't been there because the message memory is still full.

Or maybe that is their way to stop us from harassing them...

I finally got in touch with Todd on Monday and then Sarah today. They did apparently find some of my info.... and they have added me back in the system. She didn't assign me a site yet... she is trying to arrange according to length. She will be sending me an email with the info in it. She said it should be straight by this weekend.

I'll post when I get more information.

dieselsweetheart
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks Don and Betty! Greg and Beth, did you guys get straightened out?? Jamie? Did you get assigned sites yet???

JWalker
02-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Cheryl,

We are in. Ginger was able to get a hold of Sarah on Saturday. Funny thing is, she told Ginger that we will have 2 sites back to back. It would make one pull through site(site C16 and D13). When we received our confirmation, it only showed site C16. At least we got one site. We'll probably have to take a cab to get to the rest of the rally, I haven't looked at the map yet. Now we are working on not getting billed twice.

Jamie

dieselsweetheart
02-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes Sarah gave the Seamos a back to back site too so they can pull through. Maybe they are just putting us in that area and not booking empty sites to outsiders...so they aren't worried about us using extra sites... sounds good to me...2 sites, 1 price. An extra site will give us a large spot for a campfire!

dieselsweetheart
02-24-2011, 08:19 PM
And Jamie....if you get lost in a convoy....well, that would be sad.

Freckles
02-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Got a call from Sarah tonight we also have a pull though site with 2 sites !! All's good now !!

JWalker
02-24-2011, 08:35 PM
An extra site will give us a large spot for a campfire!

Also more room for the BIG DODGE!!

truknutt
02-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Yes Sarah gave the Seamos a back to back site too so they can pull through. Maybe they are just putting us in that area and not booking empty sites to outsiders...so they aren't worried about us using extra sites... sounds good to me...2 sites, 1 price. An extra site will give us a large spot for a campfire!

More room for ICE CREAM!!!

JWalker
02-24-2011, 09:26 PM
More room for ICE CREAM!!!

There might be ice cream, if someone asks nicely.

truknutt
02-24-2011, 09:36 PM
There might be ice cream, if someone asks nicely.

Don't have to hit me over the head with a brick!!! Jamie, oh Mr, Jaime, is it possible to have ice cream this year? It's not for me you see; I ask for my fellow Rally-goers. Oh yeah, I really like your new truck and can't wait to see it in person.

The swords I have to fall on for you people!!!

dbylinski
02-25-2011, 04:05 AM
Don't have to hit me over the head with a brick!!! Jamie, oh Mr, Jaime, is it possible to have ice cream this year? It's not for me you see; I ask for my fellow Rally-goers. Oh yeah, I really like your new truck and can't wait to see it in person.

The swords I have to fall on for you people!!!

Yeah but you fall so well!

dieselsweetheart
02-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Wasn't it Oliver who said "more ice cream please"

Greg, what is your site #...did you get one? I think I might be able to finalize my list this weekend!!!

truknutt
03-02-2011, 05:53 AM
100 days until "RALLY TIME"!

dieselsweetheart
03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
YAY!!! Just around the corner!!!

dieselsweetheart
03-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I am setting a goal of 100 non-perishable items for the Portersville food pantry... can we do this??? You KNOW we can!!! So keep this food drive in mind when doing your own shopping! Thanks!!! And don't forget the baby blankets for Goshen! Bless you and have a wonderful Sunday!! It's raining right now in Myrtle Beach! (but it's 65 so who cares?)

mrmagoo
03-11-2011, 11:28 AM
I finally got in touch with Todd on Monday and then Sarah today. They did apparently find some of my info.... and they have added me back in the system. She didn't assign me a site yet... she is trying to arrange according to length. She will be sending me an email with the info in it. She said it should be straight by this weekend.

I'll post when I get more information.

Sarah (from Bear Run) contacted me yesterday and finally confirmed my site... We are on site C-20.

Now I just hope that is near the rest of you...

dieselsweetheart
03-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Don and Betty! Happy to know that! Once I recover from my vacation I will be posting the newest roster with site assignments. I haven't heard from any others who are newly reserving but we may get some last minute sign-ups. I hope the diesel price won't deter you all from this big event...going into Goshen...

dbylinski
03-13-2011, 10:21 AM
I am setting a goal of 100 non-perishable items for the Portersville food pantry... can we do this??? You KNOW we can!!! So keep this food drive in mind when doing your own shopping! Thanks!!! And don't forget the baby blankets for Goshen! Bless you and have a wonderful Sunday!! It's raining right now in Myrtle Beach! (but it's 65 so who cares?) I'll donate 10 items because I'm not making a blanket (But I did enlist a few friends so we got it covered)

Don and Betty! Happy to know that! Once I recover from my vacation I will be posting the newest roster with site assignments. I haven't heard from any others who are newly reserving but we may get some last minute sign-ups. I hope the diesel price won't deter you all from this big event...going into Goshen... Trail-Air pin box install - No amount of high diesel prices could keep me from Goshen!

dieselengineer
03-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Just started to take out all unnecessary items and lean out the old dodge to save all the fuel I can for the trip.

truknutt
03-13-2011, 11:04 AM
I hope the diesel price won't deter you all from this big event...going into Goshen...

I make a motion that the PA Chapter Leaders forego the usual complimentary breakfast gathering (although, I do enjoy those waffles!) and they treat us to 1 free fillup for the trek to Goshen! This could be the infamous part 2 of the 3 part journey!! Any seconds?!!

JWalker
03-13-2011, 12:13 PM
I make a motion that the PA Chapter Leaders forego the usual complimentary breakfast gathering (although, I do enjoy those waffles!) and they treat us to 1 free fillup for the trek to Goshen! This could be the infamous part 2 of the 3 part journey!! Any seconds?!!

I second that!!

dieselengineer
03-13-2011, 04:09 PM

Now Dave, we have a big Alaska trip to save for, can't be going around and doing free fillups!

mjatwalker
03-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Now Dave, we have a big Alaska trip to save for, can't be going around and doing free fillups!

aw gee whiz, your no fun! Just think how much could could boost your rally attendance with a free fuel offer. lol

dieselengineer
03-21-2011, 03:44 PM
aw gee whiz, your no fun! Just think how much could could boost your rally attendance with a free fuel offer. lol

I have a lot of used motor oil, If you like, you can fill up with this coal black stuff. However it most likely will void your warranty on those newer trucks.

dieselsweetheart
03-24-2011, 05:54 AM
Hello everyone....when out shopping for yourselves keep an eye open for bargains for the food pantry in Portersville. When we think of a food pantry we think of FOOD..right? But they have just as much a need for personal items as well...things such as paper products, dish soap, hand soap, body soap, etc... you get the idea. My man in the field (Dan) is in touch with a lady at the food bank and will be getting a list of needed items... he can then post here as to what their needs are... but I'm betting they won't turn away anything!!

So keep a thought while doing your own shopping. 100 items is our goal!

Thanks!

mjatwalker
03-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Just wanted to let you know that Bear Run CG called today and has moved our site to A-5 as they feel it will better accommodate our rig. She said we were still within the group so LG.

Told Michael today we needed to sit down and organize what we need for all the upcoming rallies so we don't forget, i.e., toy for the NJ rally, food/staple product for PA, baby food for Goshen, and the list goes on. It feels good to know that in addition to having fun and being with our Heartland family we can also do something good for our local communities. Can't wait!!!

jnbhobe
03-26-2011, 07:13 PM
They called us tonight about 6pm and we were at dinner. I called back in 15 min and they were gone. Maybe they will call again tomorrow.

dieselsweetheart
03-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Great...there goes my roster....haha and she just sent me the updated one today... Jon now that the season is picking up today Sarah should be in more on the weekends...she was there when I called today around 10a...

dieselsweetheart
03-27-2011, 08:02 AM
We are up to 18 rigs and that is a great showing for the PA rally!! Here is the updated list as of this morning but it seems Jon and Patti might be changing sites...so just change them when we know...

SITE

# OF NIGHTS
LAST NAME

A-16

ADAMS, Ken and Kathy

A-14
COFFMAN, Jay and Stella

A-12
KRAUS, Jim

A-10
Eric and Dorothy VonOpstal

A-08
HOLBERT, John and Patti

A-06
WILLIAMS, Neil

B-24
HICKS, Calvin and Judy

B-22
VOGT,

B-20
HORST, Jim and Cheryl

B-18
GRUNER, Dave and Nona

B-16
SEAMAN, Bob and Christina

C-11
DEAN, Greg and Beth

A-5
WALKER, Ann and Mike

C-22
GINN, Terry and Jim

C-20
MCGLYNN, Don and Betty

C-18
BYLINSKI, John and Debbie

C-16
WALKER, Jamie, Ginger, and Madison

D-15
SCHAFF, Glenn and Fran

dbylinski
03-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Very Cool Cheryl! It's nice to know who your neighbors are! Not that it matters - Just nice to know!

dieselsweetheart
03-27-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm trying to upload a picture file...working on that...

dieselsweetheart
03-27-2011, 09:00 AM
12477 whew... I may have learned a little about posting pics along the way....hope you can make sense of it....

dieselsweetheart
03-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Click on photo itself...that will enlarge it...

dbylinski
03-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Makes sense to me! Job well done. The neighborhood is lookin' good!

dbylinski
03-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Ooh, ooh, I just realized something!!! We are parked right next to the Ice Cream Truck!!!

dieselsweetheart
03-27-2011, 01:40 PM
haha and my Jim is yelling that he's NOT near the ice cream truck...he says all the Dodges need to be together...LOL

dbylinski
03-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Don't really care what brand as long as it says Ice Cream on the side!

dieselsweetheart
03-27-2011, 03:37 PM
He said that cause Jamie has a Dodge now....;-)

Flying Dutchman
03-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Hmmm ... we have a Dodge. Sounds like a plan.;)

dieselsweetheart
03-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Debbie I love the pencil drawing of your Bighorn!!

dbylinski
03-27-2011, 04:21 PM
JB says "never underestimate the power of Google" and I say "never underestimate the power of Photoscape" !! and IT'S FREE!

dieselsweetheart
03-28-2011, 07:54 AM
Well when we get together in NJ you can show me all this fancy stuff...

dieselsweetheart
03-28-2011, 12:08 PM
If you don't crochet or knit here is a Youtube video on those tied fleece blankets... those are pretty easy... the bigger blankets call for 2 yds each of fleece (they are made to be reversible) so maybe a yard of each would be ok for a baby blanket...just a thought... think I'll try one myself....I think we will do these at Goshen too at the ladies table...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDbdpC7ErB4

dbylinski
03-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Ok. I'm heading to Wal-Mart for some fleece. Anybody wanna take a ride? Oh I hope this works.....I am so far out of my comfort zone with this one!!

dieselsweetheart
03-28-2011, 02:00 PM
make sure you have good scissors....and a ruler...that really looks like all you need....

dbylinski
03-28-2011, 06:25 PM
I got it!!! Best of all it comes in a kit and the kit was cheaper than buying the fleece by the yard so I'm ready! Bring it on, I'm a "crafter" now! Oh boy, just one more place this organization has taken me!

dieselsweetheart
03-28-2011, 06:58 PM
I didn't know it came in a kit...what all is included? Where did you get it?

dbylinski
03-29-2011, 03:16 AM
2 microfleece panels (48x60) one panel printed and 1 panel plain. That constitutes a kit but it's all I need.

dieselsweetheart
03-29-2011, 05:47 AM
well good, now I know how much fleece it takes to make a baby blanket... I wonder, does that equal one yard?

boatto5er
03-29-2011, 07:03 AM
well good, now I know how much fleece it takes to make a baby blanket... I wonder, does that equal one yard?

No, you need green grass for that.:rolleyes:

seamo
03-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi I want you to know that will we will not be able to attend the PA rally yet we will see you in Goshen.

Christina and Bob Seaman

dieselsweetheart
03-30-2011, 08:16 AM
Bob and Christina...oh no!! You canceled the PA rally? So sorry to hear that! But good that you are still going to Goshen!! We will miss meeting you in PA though...thanks for letting me know!!!

new
04-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Barb & Neal Williams are attending-------------- new

jnbhobe
04-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Barb & Neal Williams are attending-------------- new

Barb and Neal; It will be good to meet you, we have driven past your house a couple of times. Hows Ed Bilinski doing?

dieselsweetheart
04-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Barb and Neal...gotcha! I didn't know your wife's first name though...just yours. Thanks for the update!

new
04-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Barb and Neal; It will be good to meet you, we have driven past your house a couple of times. Hows Ed Bilinski doing?
Not good,just came home from hospital,herna oper.,has bad hip too Wife has memory problems really bad whatever the name for is for that. He will be 95 in July. Look forward to meeting you folks------new

dieselsweetheart
04-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi everyone....about 50 days till the rally...one thing I wanted to tell you to bring along is a walkie-talkie. These are great for staying in touch while we are convoying. While en route to Nashville last year we had a driver needing to stop and check out an issue with his truck...and by alerting us that he was stopping we were able to stop with him to help him troubleshoot... so pack one now so you don't FERGET!!! Don't forget the good $10/10 sales at the grocery stores too....

kakampers
04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Cheryl...been meaning to ask...when you guys convoy like this, what is your average speed on the highway??

f250dieseldad
04-17-2011, 07:05 PM
We have a cb Cheryl.

jnbhobe
04-17-2011, 07:11 PM
We have a cb Cheryl.

Breaker-Breaker 1-9, is there any Smokies on that 9-0 west bound. (couldn't resist it John)

f250dieseldad
04-17-2011, 07:23 PM
I drive to slow to worry about smokies.

dieselsweetheart
04-18-2011, 08:15 AM
The d-engineer will have to tell you...but I think he goes about 60-65. We will probably have a good 6-7 hour trip ahead of us...with a couple stops in between for potty breaks and leg exercises...

dieselsweetheart
04-18-2011, 08:16 AM
CBs are good too....we have both walkie and CB....

kakampers
04-18-2011, 08:57 AM
The d-engineer will have to tell you...but I think he goes about 60-65. We will probably have a good 6-7 hour trip ahead of us...with a couple stops in between for potty breaks and leg exercises...

In that case, we'll probably have to follow behind...we, in an effort to conserve fuel, and our nerves, travel at 55 mph as a steadfast rule...so far on flat highway it's getting us around 12 mpg in the new truck....

dieselsweetheart
04-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Of course I could be overestimating...but I think he usually goes at least 60. Don't worry...we won't leave you in the dust. There will be a planned stop along the way as well...

truknutt
04-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Of course I could be overestimating...but I think he usually goes at least 60. Don't worry...we won't leave you in the dust. There will be a planned stop along the way as well...

That would be "PHASE II of III"!

JWalker
04-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Are we there yet........Are we there yet!!

truknutt
04-19-2011, 04:17 AM
Getting "antsy" are we?!!

dieselsweetheart
04-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Phase 2. Yes, that would be it.

kakampers
04-19-2011, 09:42 AM

Oh Good! We'll pick it up a little to try and keep up, but 60 is definitely our limit...can't wait!!

dieselsweetheart
05-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Hello all...I spoke with Todd the owner today. He would just ask that as we arrive we unhitch and then move our vehicles over to a parking area he will have designated (just till everyone gets in ok) because it might be a little tight trying to navigate into spots with everyone's vehicles right there. Then once everyone is in (or it starts to get dark)...we can move our tows back next to our rigs. So just to give you a heads-up for now.

Welcome to Dave and Eileen from PA who just booked a site today!! Woohoo!! It's gonna be a great time!

dieselsweetheart
05-09-2011, 05:50 AM
FARKLE. Who has Farkled before? Who would like to Farkle? Better do your research....FARKLE is on! Do I have any players coming to the rally?

Flying Dutchman
05-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Never heard of it, so I googled it. So you play the dice, huh?

jayc
05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
We've played Farkle before and would like to play again.