drawer under refrigerator coming out during travel

k-f-Indiana

We have a Big Country 3250TS. The drawer under the refrig opens during travel. I don't have a lot of weight in there, and I don't want to have to empty it each time we're ready to take off. Has anyone found some kind of door latch or other mod that prevents this from happening?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yep! Happened to us too. We used baby door latches...the kind that allowed the door to open slightly then catches it on a lip until you reach in a release it...works great for us.

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Thanks for the tip, happens to us all the time. I was thinking of pulling the drawer and notching the bottom

Northern Virginia
childproof_drawer_cabinet_latches.jpgWe use these (of course we have a 2 year old) and they work great. You may need a right angle screw gun adapter to install the keeper
49-22-8510.jpg

Willym

There should a door type catch to hold the drawer closed - at least there are on all of the drawers in my rig. It's the same kind as used on cabinet doors, a roller type catch. It may be missing, or not aligned to engage properly. If you have one and it is engaging, then you may need to add another one.

gratton

I had the same problem and installed the Baby door latch, no more problems. In fact I used two of them on both sides of the drawer. Just for a little extra insurance.

Wharton

On our trailer, 2011 BH, 6 drawers were missing the drawer latch. Contacted Heartland and they sent us the latches. No screws!!! Next stop is Ace..........

Vtxkid

Same problem on my Cyclone 3010... The door type catch didn't seem to be enough at times so we resorted to the baby locks and problem solved on both the drawer under the frig plus the one under our oven!

gasman

Camp Socializer
We had the same problem with the under fridge drawer and also with some of the cabinet doors. I purchased barrel catches at the RV supply store for about a dollar each. On the big drawer I installed one on each side about three inches down from the top. No problems now.

GOTTOYS

I had part of a case of water in there. Not only did it slide out but then the bottom of the drawer fell apart. After looking at how it was built I could see why. Good thing I wasn't storing any of those cement blocks in there like they show sitting in the drawer in their brochure.