King of the Mountain Package

supernan1414

It was my understanding that the King of the Mountain package was forced options. The sheet we got had everything listed in a box that had to be ordered with the Big Horn.

Wharton

Prior to our ordering our 2011 BH we were given a sheet with all the options, including the King of the Mountain pkg. We wanted pretty much everything in the package so it was a no brainer.

K

karykatz

The King of the Mountain Pkg is a forced option and is included on all units. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

I hope this helps.

supernan1414

If you have not ordered your unit yet I would ask about the unpublished options. I read about that list on here and wished I had been able to see what else could have been ordered. I.E. the Goodyear 614 tires, maybe heavier axles etc. We love our BH, good luck with what ever you decide. PS my husband wanted the electric power cord, that is great

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The King of the Mountain Pkg is a forced option and is included on all units. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

I hope this helps.

I don't understand. If the King of the Mountain Pkg is a forced option then why is it called an option and not just standard equipment?

The reason I asked was,I've seen different BH at different dealers and the price for the package was different . I know the price on the web site shows an $8525 suggested price.

Willym

I don't understand. If the King of the Mountain Pkg is a forced option then why is it called an option and not just standard equipment?
Heartland is not the only manufacturer to use the "forced option" (is this an oxymoron or a tautology?) sales practice. I think that it is silly. If they want to draw attention to some enhanced features. I don't know why they don't just highlight them as "standard enhancements"

copy.png
trans.png

branson4020

Icantre Member
The reason I asked was,I've seen different BH at different dealers and the price for the package was different . I know the price on the web site shows an $8525 suggested price.

The keyword there being - suggested. Dealers can, and do, ask whatever they want. They can make up they're own retail price sheet and invent the price of options. They can add additional charges for PDI, upholstery treatment and lilac scented undercoating. It's all just a starting point for negotiations.

DougAndJudy

I believe it's so they can show a lower base price. Even though you can't buy it in the base configuration. In my opinion it's in line with all marketers' usual deceptive advertising practices.