Tank Straps

TedS

While replacing the converter in the basement of our 2011 2985RL I noticed what looks like two sheetmetal straps going front to back under the black water tank. They are not tight.
What are they there for? Should they be tight to the black water tank?

jbeletti

Ted and Jean,

Your tank is supported by other means. Those straps are there to contain your tank within the RV when the tank swells due to having liquid in it. Honestly, when new, I am not certain how much slack is in the strap with an empty tank. Can you please elaborate on how loose they are? For example, at the center of the strap/tank, what is the gap? Is is a pencil or finger gap or an inch, two or more?

Thanks,

Jim

TedS

Jim, where I can see the straps from the basement, they are 2 - 3" away from the tank.
The tank is empty.

edgem21

I have the same condition in my new Edge M21. The straps have about 2 inches of play (loose). Hope fully the factory confirms this to be normal.

K

karykatz

this is normal for there to have play in the straps. This is extra reiforcement in case the tank gets full and swells. The tanks sit on Steel L Channels that are part of the frame. I hope this helps.